• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston Marathon Bombing - Sgt McCarthy > PhDeac

And one of my friend's brothers just posted on facebook that she's not answering her phone. Apparently was watching at the finish line. Prayers that everyone is safe.

I don't know if this helps, but just read that the computer system is still registering chips, so you can search for the person to see if they crossed the line, etc.

http://raceday.baa.org/individual.html

They've stopped all flights heading to BOS who haven't taken off yet.

Not to trivialize this at all, but recognizing how big of a deal the Boston Marathon is for runners, and lots of people have this as their running goal, how much would it suck to have the race cancelled just before the finish line after you've run 25+ miles. Obviously the deaths and injuries put that in it's proper perspective, but still I feel for those too who trained and travelled and ran only to not finish for such a crappy reason.

wgaf

Reporter on CBS who was across the street said that people were in his words "obliterated" from the explosion.

As for phone responses, service is simply overloaded here right now. In and of itself, it doesn't mean much that someone's not picking up their phone.

My Mom was just telling me that a surgeon was saying there were a bunch of decapitations? She heard it on fox news, so take that fwiw..

As for phone responses, service is simply overloaded here right now. In and of itself, it doesn't mean much that someone's not picking up their phone.

i read somewhere that they shut down cell service to prevent remote detonations. any truth to that?

Go back and watch that Boston Globe video...

There have to be more than 2 dead - I think the NYP report of a 12+ is a better estimate.

@ap A law enforcement official says cellphone service has been shut down in Boston area to prevent remote detonations of explosives.

@ap A law enforcement official says cellphone service has been shut down in Boston area to prevent remote detonations of explosives.

Maybe all the people are on their cell phones trying to make calls out and it isn't working.

one reporter: 100 injured
total of 4 bombs, counting JFK library now
person of interest in custody
2 dead
12 critical

This is just insane. I had just got back to my hotel room when the news broke. I can't believe the videos and pictures from the finish line. Very grateful to have missed the bedlam, but incredibly sad for all who were hurt.

Maybe all the people are on their cell phones trying to make calls out and it isn't working.

That's possible, but that goes against what the AP report is saying, since they're quoting law enforcement.

Back