• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston Marathon Bombing - Sgt McCarthy > PhDeac

I can't imagine being two people:

One, the dude watching a family member run in a race, in a heavily monitored place with tons of visible police presence, and then you hear a loud blast, see a cloud of smoke, and look down and you don't have any legs. No explanation, no context, just a big plate of screw you.

Two, the Saudi National on an active student visa, who had absolutely nothing to do with this attack who's been detained for questioning knowing that the police are giving your entire life, hard drive and future the colonic of a lifetime.

One, the dude watching a family member run in a race, in a heavily monitored place with tons of visible police presence, and then you hear a loud blast, see a cloud of smoke, and look down and you don't have any legs. No explanation, no context, just a big plate of screw you.

Two, the Saudi National on an active student visa, who had absolutely nothing to do with this attack who's been detained for questioning knowing that the police are giving your entire life, hard drive and future the colonic of a lifetime.

Imagine being that guy in the middle of the crowd after this happened and feeling like you have to run to save your own life before you get wrongly blamed and beaten to death.

Imagine being that guy in the middle of the crowd after this happened and feeling like you have to run to save your own life before you get wrongly blamed and beaten to death.

Imagine being the first guy and thinking that you'll never run the rest of your life, but then realizing that might not be very long either since there is a stampede of panicking people headed your way.

would suck to be the dad of the 8 yr old boy that got killed. supposedly the son was holding a sign for his dad, the sister is losing a leg, the wife is in bad shape. and dad is probably just scraped up.

that guy is going to feel awful.

would suck to be the dad of the 8 yr old boy that got killed. supposedly the son was holding a sign for his dad, the sister is losing a leg, the wife is in bad shape. and dad is probably just scraped up.

that guy is going to feel awful.

:rulz:

Imagine being the first guy and thinking that you'll never run the rest of your life, but then realizing that might not be very long either since there is a stampede of panicking people headed your way.

I imagine that dude was in shock within seconds.

I'm hearing there are dozens of people who lost legs. Absolutely horrible.

The hard part for me is realizing that somebody actually thought that this was a good idea. Their brain got to the point where an eight year old boy is a good, intentional target.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/15/three-killed-more-than-injured-marathon-blast/QQOiYNU2n1vt1Xul3BXVsL/story.html

The person questioned in the hospital was a Saudi national, who was report*edly tackled and held by a *bystander after he was seen running from near the scene of the explosion, said a law enforce*ment source who spoke with someone involved in the FBI’s investigation.

The Saudi man, believed to be a university student in *Boston, is cooperating with the FBI and told agents that he was not involved in the explosions, and that he ran only because he was frightened. Investigators did not characterize the man as a suspect. No one had been *arrested or charged by late Monday night.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/15/three-killed-more-than-injured-marathon-blast/QQOiYNU2n1vt1Xul3BXVsL/story.html

The person questioned in the hospital was a Saudi national, who was report*edly tackled and held by a *bystander after he was seen running from near the scene of the explosion, said a law enforce*ment source who spoke with someone involved in the FBI’s investigation.

The Saudi man, believed to be a university student in *Boston, is cooperating with the FBI and told agents that he was not involved in the explosions, and that he ran only because he was frightened. Investigators did not characterize the man as a suspect. No one had been *arrested or charged by late Monday night.

Is anyone surprised? Sucks that it happened to this guy, but par for the course given recent events in the world.

I completely understand this course of action.

Perhaps he's saying anyone running from an explosion is suspicious. Makes sense to me.

Back