• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bourdain on CNN

TwentyONE

Reaction score
When does it premiere? I thought it was supposed to be in March but seems like there is nothing out there about a premiere date. All the google hits are from the media blitz in November.

I thought it was really fucking good. I think this could be a great move, and it looks like CNN will let him do what he wants.

Same production company, CNN basically bought the show and they changed the name and the intro song.

I thought it was really well done. The photography is just amazing and like that it is still somewhat food based and that he meets everyone from political figures to rock bands, etc. Still can be humorous and a bit light-hearted, but also will approach serious topics in the interviews.

The last segment was a little bit preachy, not sure if thats going to be every episode or just this one because it was Myanmar. It wouldn't surprise me if CNN told him he should wade into politics a bit more, try to put more of an editorial "bow" on what the viewer has seen. Not bad though.

On a side note, did anyone notice that the CNN Bourdain show title sequence and the new VICE show title sequence on HBO are, like, identical?

I still need to watch it, but from what I understand he moved over so he could get access to places he couldn't with a Travel Channel credential: Burma, Iran, Congo, etc. Also I assume he's being paid a lot more, but ostensibly that's the reason.

Same production company, CNN basically bought the show and they changed the name and the intro song.

I thought it was really well done. The photography is just amazing and like that it is still somewhat food based and that he meets everyone from political figures to rock bands, etc. Still can be humorous and a bit light-hearted, but also will approach serious topics in the interviews.

The last segment was a little bit preachy, not sure if thats going to be every episode or just this one because it was Myanmar. It wouldn't surprise me if CNN told him he should wade into politics a bit more, try to put more of an editorial "bow" on what the viewer has seen. Not bad though.

On a side note, did anyone notice that the CNN Bourdain show title sequence and the new VICE show title sequence on HBO are, like, identical?

I read an interview with Bourdain recently and the main difference is that CNN is letting him pretty much go anywhere and they've got the resources to get him into much sketchier places.

Watched the Burma episode last night. Enjoyed it. Almost identical to the previous Travel Channel format.

He also had a huge falling out with Travel channel. But the move probably was going to happen anyway.

this koreatown episode is funny. this dude brought him to sizzler.

I really enjoyed both episodes. Was fascinated by the Myanmar episode. And Koreatown was pretty amusing. Now I know never to marry a Korean woman.

did bourdain just get high as balls in this tangier episode?

Back