• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl Payouts

Looks like it was $17M at the 2007 Orange Bowl as well. I guess that's helped pay Grobe's salary.

The ACC splits bowl revenue, so no

I remember reading a couple years ago that teams only get a percentage of at-large BCS payouts(like 30%) and the rest is split among the other BCS conferences. So the ACC would only get an extra $5M rather than $17M. I could be wrong about this though.

I remember reading a couple years ago that teams only get a percentage of at-large BCS payouts(like 30%) and the rest is split among the other BCS conferences. So the ACC would only get an extra $5M rather than $17M. I could be wrong about this though.

That makes sense. $5M is still a good end of the season present though.

I'll take it. Do we know how Miami will be factored in?

No, I'll I could find was some a Dinich post from when Miami first announced and it just said that Miami may still receive a bowl payout from the ACC.

No, I'll I could find was some a Dinich post from when Miami first announced and it just said that Miami may still receive a bowl payout from the ACC.

Then I would assume they will pay the penalty to DC.

Here is a link to this years Bowl Pay Out per team. We really need to thank Clemson since our Bowl Pay out increased by $700k by going to the Music City Bowl as opposed to the Independence bowl. I'm the AD's office is happy about this too. Of course the orange bowl would've been a hell of a lot nicer but we only have ourselves to blame for that.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_games_bowl_schedule.html

The least Clemson can do for running our title hopes this year.

Back