• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

Most Wake fans are generally hoping that Wake will win this weekend and go 7-5 (4-4) and be a sure-fire bowl team. At the same time an anti-fan in Randleman will be pulling for a loss.

Wake is a sure-fire bowl team. A win on Saturday would make us a more attractive bowl team

July 15, 1985: A Day That Will Live In Infamy

He would have been forced to resign under worse circumstances within a few years. He had lost his fire. There is a reason he opened a yogurt shop at 53 instead of trying to get another coaching gig that he certainly could have gotten.

July 15, 1985: A Day That Will Live In Infamy

And if you hate Wake and everybody here as much as you do, why don't you just find somewhere else to post. Do you seriously get pleasure in being a troll that is on social security? Most people outgrow that behavior in their 20s.

BKF likes quite a few people on here. Some of the pc millennials drive him nuts, but they do that to a lot of us. He gets along well with a lot of the baseball people.

Kinda hoping Northwestern (should happen) and Vandy (upset the dispirited Vols!) join Wake as bowl eligible this weekend, just to make that old head atop BKF spin

Kinda hoping Northwestern (should happen) and Vandy (upset the dispirited Vols!) join Wake as bowl eligible this weekend, just to make that old head atop BKF spin

Let's hear it for the historically weak football schools with strong academics.

He would have been forced to resign under worse circumstances within a few years. He had lost his fire. There is a reason he opened a yogurt shop at 53 instead of trying to get another coaching gig that he certainly could have gotten.

IIRC, he did try to get another hoops job. ODU perhaps? He had had it with Hooks, but then that could be said of a lot of us. The program was also facing another rebuild, and we had just lost a can't miss, future AA to Cremins and GATech, when the guy had appeared to be a lock for us. Anybody remember the player, a big guy from Florida, I think.

IIRC, he did try to get another hoops job. ODU perhaps? He had had it with Hooks, but then that could be said of a lot of us. The program was also facing another rebuild, and we had just lost a can't miss, future AA to Cremins and GATech, when the guy had appeared to be a lock for us. Anybody remember the player, a big guy from Florida, I think.

Tom Hammonds, a 6'9" PF

Hammonds. Tacy didn't like recruiting and as a result got outworked by younger hungrier coaches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I went to the Aloha Bowl. Wellman said at the time that we broke even by going.

However, other than some small differences in pay out for expenses the ACC is not a eat what you kill conference. The bowl contracts are with the conference. The pay outs from each bowl goes to the ACC then they are divided up more or less equally with every school in the conference whether they went to a bowl or not.

People need to get over there being "too many" bowls. These games have always been designed as revenue generators since the very first time the Rose Bowl was played.

If you want to whine about deserving teams, advocate for an expansion of the college football play off to guarantee automatic bids to each conference.

And if you hate Wake and everybody here as much as you do, why don't you just find somewhere else to post. Do you seriously get pleasure in being a troll that is on social security? Most people outgrow that behavior in their 20s.

There are just as many on this forum that hate Dave Odom and he won 2 ACC basketball titles in 1995 & 1996. We haven't come close since, yet many wanted him gone and got there wish under the reign of Ron Wellman's terror.

There are just as many on this forum that hate Dave Odom and he won 2 ACC basketball titles in 1995 & 1996. We haven't come close since, yet many wanted him gone and got there wish under the reign of Ron Wellman's terror.

Who hates Dave Odom? People feel that he may have been limited as a coach but that doesn't mean he was hated.

If there is anybody on here that really hate Dave Odom or Jim Grobe, they've got issues. Sure, it's reasonable to think it got to the point that is was time for both to go, but what both of those coaches did here should be celebrated.

I've never heard anyone say they hated Dave Odom or Jim Grobe. Would be hard to hate the success they brought to Wake.

Hammonds. Tacy didn't like recruiting and as a result got outworked by younger hungrier coaches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Damn. Never heard that. That's as big of a gut punch as hearing that Odom got beat for Matt Harpring in the last minute.

Damn. Never heard that. That's as big of a gut punch as hearing that Odom got beat for Matt Harpring in the last minute.

Yeah, I'd never heard that either. Hammonds was awesome, one of my all time favorite non-Wake players.

Back