• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl projections

Both CBS and SB Nation posted updated bowl projections overnight. They took different approaches to dealing with the three ACC teams that will be slotted in the four Tier 2 bowls.

Both websites put N.C. State in the Independence Bowl. SB Nation has them playing Vandy. CBS has them playing Kentucky (note: this won’t happen – UK is headed to a better bowl).

Both websites put Boston College in the Quick Lane Bowl. SB Nation has them playing Army. CBS has them playing Maryland.

CBS solves the shortfall in ACC teams by having Army fill the ACC slot in the Military Bowl (this makes some sense I guess, it is the Military Bowl after all). He has Army facing Houston. That freed up Wake to go to the St. Pete Bowl against South Florida.

In contrast, SB Nation put Wake Forest in the Military Bowl against Houston. They put South Alabama into the ACC’s slot in the St. Pete Bowl.

I just hope that where ever we go, we won't get embarrassed.

We will be embarrassed to go to whatever bowl we're invited to and we will then be embarrassed on the field.

14 or 17 points probably won't get it done unless the weather cooperates.

Houston is WAY above us in talent, do NOT want to play them. On reflection, if we can't beat BC at home, I don't think there is anybody going to a bowl we can beat anyway

Both CBS and SB Nation posted updated bowl projections overnight. They took different approaches to dealing with the three ACC teams that will be slotted in the four Tier 2 bowls.

Both websites put N.C. State in the Independence Bowl. SB Nation has them playing Vandy. CBS has them playing Kentucky (note: this won’t happen – UK is headed to a better bowl).

Both websites put Boston College in the Quick Lane Bowl. SB Nation has them playing Army. CBS has them playing Maryland.

CBS solves the shortfall in ACC teams by having Army fill the ACC slot in the Military Bowl (this makes some sense I guess, it is the Military Bowl after all). He has Army facing Houston. That freed up Wake to go to the St. Pete Bowl against South Florida.

In contrast, SB Nation put Wake Forest in the Military Bowl against Houston. They put South Alabama into the ACC’s slot in the St. Pete Bowl.

I'd take st Pete

I'd take st Pete

Makes sense to me. If you are going to get beat no matter who or where you play, you might as well pick the place with the best weather. St Pete over Detroit, Wash DC & Shreveport seems like a no brainer to me....if you can get it.

Nobody on this team has ever been to a bowl game. Of course they want to go.

College Football News has us going to the Independence Bowl vs. South Carolina

Both people from ESPN have us going to the Sun Bowl - one has us playing Utah; the other Washington State - we'd get totally blown out by either

CBS has us in St. Petersburg against South FL

College Football News has us going to the Independence Bowl vs. South Carolina

Both people from ESPN have us going to the Sun Bowl - one has us playing Utah; the other Washington State - we'd get totally blown out by either

CBS has us in St. Petersburg against South FL

ESPNs aren't updated. We can't go to the Sun Bowl now.

I'm hoping Shreveport gets State, Detroit gets BC and we get Annapolis.

I don't like our chances in any of those games. I guess SC is our best hope?

Houston would crush us

So would USF. They've scored at least 30 in every game this season. We've scored 30 twice. USF is #8 in scoring at 43.6 a game. That's more than we've scored in our last three games combined. That offense on turf would kill us even on a good defensive day.

NBC's Projections:

College Football Playoff

Bowl Teams
Peach Bowl No. 1 Alabama No. 4 Washington
Fiesta Bowl No. 2 Clemson No. 3 Ohio State

New Year’s Six

Bowl Teams
Rose Bowl Wisconsin USC
Sugar Bowl Oklahoma Florida
Orange Bowl Florida State Michigan
Cotton Bowl Penn State Western Michigan

2016 FBS Bowl Games

Quick Lane Bowl Maryland Boston College
Independence Bowl South Carolina N.C. State
Military Bowl Wake Forest Temple
Pinstripe Bowl Northwestern Pitt
Russell Athletic Bowl Virginia Tech West Virginia
Belk Bowl Georgia Tech Kentucky
Sun Bowl North Carolina Utah
TaxSlayer Bowl Miami (FL) Arkansas
Citrus Bowl Louisville Auburn

Last edited:
After yesterday I'm expecting a thumping regardless of the opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No additional info today on how NCSU, Wake and BC will be assigned to the Tier 2 bowls, but I did find more info on possible opponents.

Independence – This one has the most clarity because Vanderbilt seems very likely to make the trip to Shreveport. The only other possibility might be South Carolina if the bowls ahead of the Independence decide they don’t want the Cocks after their drubbing against Clemson. But the chances of a bowl choosing Vandy over South Carolina seems slim.

Quick Lane – While most of the rumors had revolved around Maryland, in reality it’s a total guessing game between the Terps, Northwestern and Indiana. If there’s a slight odds-on favorite it’s Indiana, which would provide another reason for Wake to not end up in Detroit.

Military and St. Pete – These are two of the four bowls that will divide up Houston, USF, Tulsa and Temple. It’s anyone’s guess who ends up where.

Back