• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowl Speculation/Projections: DUKE'S MAYO BOWL vs WISCONSIN

The Belk Bowl was FREEZING!! Multiple layers needed. But I got a great picture of me with Reveille , the Texas A+M mascot. And the on field protesters were a hoot as well.

Those A&M male cheerleaders were ... committed to the cause.

A&M has come a long way from losing to Wake Forest in a Belk Bowl shootout to being on the cusp of the playoffs. The Jimbo Effect.

I assume that we'd want to play in a bowl because we had that month off in the middle of the season - might be a nice little reward for the team for coming back strong and finishing out the season after the shutdown.

Louisville game was us was coming back strong post-shutdown?

That, and it was a four and a half hour game. My wife did not enjoy the day as much as I did.

This. Every time this game comes up my wife starts talking about how freezing cold it was! I didn't think it was too bad... we were on the sunny side until halftime. It was an awesome! I almost lost my voice.

Lots of predictions about playing Penn State. Have we ever played them? Love to beat Franklin, never liked him.

Lots of predictions about playing Penn State. Have we ever played them? Love to beat Franklin, never liked him.

They're wearing out Illinois right now. My fear would be them beating us up LOS like Michigan State did last year. Be neat to play them though.

We lost to them bigly in the mid-1970's. IIRC, we played 4 big-time schools in a row and lost by something like a combined 163-0.

We lost to them bigly in the mid-1970's. IIRC, we played 4 big-time schools in a row and lost by something like a combined 163-0.

Oklahoma, Penn State, Maryland,,,,all ranked, IIRC

In 1974, we lost to them 55-0. That was in the middle of a streak where we lost: UNC 31-0, #2 Oklahoma 63-0, #15 Penn St 55-0, #18 Maryland 47-0, UVa 14-0. For the season we were 1-10, beating Furman in the last game 16-10. We only scored 10+ in 3 games (15 vs St, 21 vs. SC, 16 vs. Furman) Overall we were outscored 348-74 (avg 32-7).

Damn

Good year to play Penn State. Not that it would be easy but I’d love to notch a victory against that program and this is a great year to try it.

Multiple reports tonight that Penn State is opting out of any bowl after their victory against Illinois.

Some outlets reporting that more bowl games will be cancelled today. Seems fairly obvious that Dave and the boys want to play in a bowl. Hope the Duke's Mayo happens after all the guys have been through.

Back