• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowling legend Don Carter dies

Don Carter was the Arnold Palmer of bowling. He legitimized bowling and made it a national sport. I'm surprised everyone hasn't heard of him.

Not only do I not know who Don Carter is, but I must have missed the memo about bowling becoming "legitimized." :)

Reading Carter's obit, I find out he's a homeboy from my city of birth, St. Louis. RIP Homes.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHHA

Yes, these two people are clearly comparable. I mean, just switch them out easily, one for the other, in terms of impact on sports and the world.

Idiot.[/QUOTE]

And this is a commentary on you also.

Your friend isn't that well educated then about the sport. It's like him hitting a HR and you saying, "wow, you hit it just like Babe Ruth" and he goes "who?"....:D

He's a Terp, so that's a lot of the problem. Also, I bet 90% of NBA guys have never heard of George Mikan. Do MLB guys know anything about Honus Wagner. Probably not.

MV5BMTgzOTQ0OTczMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjgzNzc3._V1._SX398_SY548_.jpg

I grew up bowling at a Don Carter Bowling Lanes in Florida. His name was all over equipment and stuff. I didn't know anything about him, but I recognize the name. Surprised more people don't.

He's a Terp, so that's a lot of the problem. Also, I bet 90% of NBA guys have never heard of George Mikan. Do MLB guys know anything about Honus Wagner. Probably not.

Was thinking the same thing but hated to pile on the Terps.....

i really feel like this thread has the harv batsignal going.

Don Carter is turning over in his grave!!!!

Back