• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bowtie Wilkersberry Dead At 76

Oh man, that one competes with teh fundraiser harv post for me. Defs in the top 3..

"The vast majority of ‘em had to do with quicksand. Foxy said that if the stuff was strong enough to suck a fully grown man to his ultimate demise beneath the jungle floor, imagine what it could do for your pecker."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I really want to know how long this poster laughs while writing these posts

ChrisPaul3, what is the latest scoop? Do the cops have any leads in the deaths of Bowtie or Darvis?

Also, I've long wondered what Bowtie would have done with his life if he had not been an inventor.

ChrisPaul3, what is the latest scoop? Do the cops have any leads in the deaths of Bowtie or Darvis?

Also, I've long wondered what Bowtie would have done with his life if he had not been an inventor.

Well, nothing new has come out on Bowtie's death. It seems like the detectives are doing a pretty good job of keeping a tight lid on that investigation. The Platinbone case is more interesting at this point. As most people know, Darvis has been reclusive, even by inventor standards, ever since his nameless 13 year old son (he famously did not believe in naming his children) died in a terrible inventing accident about 6 years ago. He still has his pupils and whatnot, but has stayed away from public appearances since then, and apparently in that time, was doing all kinds of self surgeries on his face. It isn't known if this was for inventing purposes, or out of pure self loathing over his son's death. Either way, it left smaller nasal and oral passages for air to pass through, which in turn, made him very susceptible to death by superglue. A few dabs in a few places and it was all over. This has lead investigators to conclude that Darvis's killer knew him well, as only his pupils and family members would have known about the facial self surgeries, and with that, would have known that supergluing would be a very effective murdering strategy.

As for your second question, its difficult to say what Bowtie would've done with his life, if not for inventing, but I can relay this quote from him:

"I did not choose to be an inventor anymore than I chose to be a breather. There was no point I started inventing, just as there has been no point where I stopped inventing. For me to say 'I am an inventor' is the same as simply saying 'I am'."

I don't think the average civilian appreciates how dangerous inventing can be. I recently saw that inventing accidents are neck-and-neck with bass fishing accidents on the list of accidental causes of injuries or death. You be surprised how easy it is to lose a leg to either activity. Tee Pee Tidwell, in addition to Darvis, learned the hard way.

That is an interesting fact about Darvis refusing to name his children. I wonder how he referred to each of them, if not by name.

I don't think the average civilian appreciates how dangerous inventing can be. I recently saw that inventing accidents are neck-and-neck with bass fishing accidents on the list of accidental causes of injuries or death. You be surprised how easy it is to lose a leg to either activity. Tee Pee Tidwell, in addition to Darvis, learned the hard way.

That is an interesting fact about Darvis refusing to name his children. I wonder how he referred to each of them, if not by name.

I believe it was an assorted set of grunts and growls. Darvis had an appreciation for the tribal languages and tried to replicate them as much as possible without actually naming the kids.

Any word on the type of superglue? Over the counter type stuff, or some newly invented deal?

Ooohhh, that is a great point. If it's a unique type of superglue, then perhaps the authorities could trace its origin back to a specific culprit.

Yeah, but that's too obvious. It would probably be some sort of false lead thing. I get the sense these guys think their crimes through pretty thoroughly.

But, suppose a mad genius like Ludwig Napoleon Slapperson KNEW that by using his own special superglue, patented under his name, it would be so obvious that authorities would be compelled to conclude that Ludwig was was being set up by one of Bowtie's other rivals, such as Marino Valspucci. In other words, the Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct strategy.

Of course, in a similar vein, if Darvis murdered Bowtie, what better way to avoid suspicion than by staging his own death? Is it likely? Perhaps not. But a recluse like Darvis, with his intellect, and who we all know had ready access to cadavers...I wouldn't put it past him. He clearly had motive to eliminate Bowtie. All I'm saying is, DNA tests of that body are in order.

But, suppose a mad genius like Ludwig Napoleon Slapperson KNEW that by using his own special superglue, patented under his name, it would be so obvious that authorities would be compelled to conclude that Ludwig was was being set up by one of Bowtie's other rivals, such as Marino Valspucci. In other words, the Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct strategy.

Of course, in a similar vein, if Darvis murdered Bowtie, what better way to avoid suspicion than by staging his own death? Is it likely? Perhaps not. But a recluse like Darvis, with his intellect, and who we all know had ready access to cadavers...I wouldn't put it past him. He clearly had motive to eliminate Bowtie. All I'm saying is, DNA tests of that body are in order.

Not to mention with all the self-surgeries he'd eb beyond recognition and could even be leading the investigation in to his own death.

Not to mention with all the self-surgeries he'd eb beyond recognition and could even be leading the investigation in to his own death.

tedlogan.png

The one thing to remember about the superglue (and the fact that I know this probably tells you that I read too many inventing blogs lol) is that to guys like Bowtie, Darvis, and other inventors of that ilk, it's a pretty chumpy invention. They look down their noses at guys who invent shit like that. Bowtie and Darvis having a conversation about Elmer and the other glue guys would be like Shakespeare and Mark Twain talking about CSI: Miami.

Obviously, your guesses are as good as mine as far as the conspiracy theories go, so I can't add much to that discussion, but just to put a bow on Darvis' thoughts on child naming that I referenced earlier, I dug up his own personal explanation:

I remember my blessed mother talking constantly about a woman she worked with named Mavis, and because of this disgusting name, I always pictured her as a humongously obese greasy he-woman, a glacier with arms if you will. But when I actually met her, I realized she had the gorgeous figure of a storefront mannequin and the witty charm of a traveling coat salesman. It was then that I discovered how silly it is to name babies. We do not know what kind of people babies will turn into, and so beautiful people can end up with horrendously ugly names, stupid people can end up with amazingly brilliant names, and sadistic demon children can have names of angelic splendor. On that very day, I decided that I would never participate in this sick game of roulette that ultimately results in the purposeful deception of the expectations that the world must place on any given human, and I instead would name my children when I figured out exactly what kind of people they were, and not a moment sooner. Perhaps they will be 10, perhaps 18, and perhaps even 40, that I do not know.

Back