• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracket Squares Contests - Free $$ from me!

FckVwls

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm offering to run some bracket squares if anyone on the board would like to compete. Easily the most optimal NCAA tournament related contest.

Rules:
1. 4 team contest. Random draw to select draft order. Snake draft (ABCDDCBA etc).
2. When it is your turn, you select a team in the field. Each team can only be selected once in the draft. Each owner is only allowed to own one team of each seed line (after 3 teams of a given seed line have been drafted, the 4th team is automatically assigned to the 4th team).
3. Draft will take place on Google Sheets. Takes about 45 minutes. Points awarded based on tournament performance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...j1jcok64qKJePa7v04VNLagpk/edit#gid=1125660960

I'll give a free $25 Amazon gift card to the winner of each of 3 bracket square games. If anyone would like to play against me, respond below. The first 9 that have 100+ posts and can make a draft time get a free $6.25 of equity!

Target times: 8:00 pm tomorrow. 8:00pm and 10:00pm Wednesday.

I would also will be willing to do a square for pretty much any stakes up to maybe $100 or so if anyone would like to gamble!

I'd be interested in doing, although I would need to do it on Wednesday. Would prefer 10, but could probably do 8, if needed.

Oh man, I thought this was going to be the real best bracket squares which is like Super Bowl squares except you go off the final score for all 63 games in the tournament (First Four don't count).

Haha no, but it is like superbowl squares in that even a completely random team selection process will give you equity (perhaps 15-20%) to win. Really sharp people can run long term win in the low 30 range, maybe.

If anyone else wants to do a draft tonight or tomorrow let me know. Otherwise we'll just shut this down.

Just curious....does it usually just basically run down each seed line as the picks go?

I may have mis-worded what I was trying to say, but I won't explain, else someone chime in with their shitty quips.

Just curious....does it usually just basically run down each seed line as the picks go?

Nope, not at all. The teams that are the best value relative to their seeds should get taken first.

DeaconSlim and AnonymousDeac: Do you want to try for 10:00pm tomorrow with Mr. Bojangles?

4 person contest. Each person ends up with a 16-team "roster" of NCAA tournament teams. Each owner will have one team from each seed line. Then you get points based on how far your teams advance.

Nope, not at all. The teams that are the best value relative to their seeds should get taken first.

DeaconSlim and AnonymousDeac: Do you want to try for 10:00pm tomorrow with Mr. Bojangles?

Yeah, I can do 10pm tomorrow. Can we add a little extra $$ so you're actually rewarded some if you win?

I'm an idiot. Reading comprehension fail.

I'm game. And game for adding to pot

Very Cool. Hopefully we can get 2 more and we can run two games tomorrow. Perhaps one free (only my $25) and one with an extra buyin that you guys can decide on?

The draft is really fast/fun to do. It doesn't drag.

Cumulative score for each team, by elimination round:

Round of 64 - 0
Round of 32 - 2
Round of 16 - 5
Elite 8 - 10
Final 4 - 17
Champ Game - 25
Winner - 35

The owner that has the champion team loses all the time. It is also important to get the winners of the first round games in the 6-11 seed range.

Yeah, I'm good for 10pm. Hopefully we can get 4 and run it.

Back