• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

at the end of the day we have one of the most mythological figures in NCAA Tournament history as our head coach, and that will matter

And most importantly, our resume stacks up and has no holes. Especially in the strength of schedule area where we are in fantastic shape, something the committee values so highly.

We have a RPI that by far hasn't resulted in a major conference team been left out in the 13 years of the current RPI formula, not to mention the 68-team era.

Don't get worried about the idiot talking heads

Dude, read my post to the end. I do avoid going to Brooklyn unless it's absolutely necessary but would go to see us play were it not for the undeniable fact that the minute I gave up on watching the team this year (halftime of the Pitt game), the Deacs started looking like world-beaters. So the question is whether I can take the responsibility that would come with knowing that my mere presence might be condemning the team to an ugly loss to BC. That would suck.

I get it, I get it...and yes, that would suck for everyone...still, that whole '3 times in 35 years/despite the outerborough' preamble was good fodder...we're all Deacons here, and yes, we all can DO THIS!

Thinking fatalistically, what would our RPI drop to should we lose today?

There is no way that an ACC team with an RPI of 29 is anything other than a mortal lock to get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically we are 32nd currently per the NCAA.

And with a loss we'd fall to 43rd. So yes, I'd recommend winning today just to be safe

Thinking fatalistically, what would our RPI drop to should we lose today?

There is no way that an ACC team with an RPI of 29 is anything other than a mortal lock to get in.

BC is awful. Our RPI would drop to right around 40, contingent of course on what every else does.

Plus, there's the whole, last chance to make an impression, and lose to an awful team on a 14-game losing streak.

Part of me thinks ESPN is only pimping our game as a "MUST WIN OR WAKE IS OUT!!!!!" scenario in order to bring eyeballs to the broadcast. Fake news. Sad.

Part of me thinks ESPN is only pimping our game as a "MUST WIN OR WAKE IS OUT!!!!!" scenario in order to bring eyeballs to the broadcast. Fake news. Sad.

Good point. There's not enough drama in "Watch the best player you've never heard of beat down a hopeless BC team thinking about where they're going to eat afterward."

Not in the back of John Collins' mind. Or Key Woods. Or Danny Fucking Manning. Or anybody named Chill. These guys are killers.

While you're probably not wrong about the rest of the stuff, implying that Prospect Park and the Botanical Garden even come close to the riches of outdoor shit in Austin is laughable. In under ten minutes an Austinite can drive to a handful of natural springs, hiking, watersports, mountain biking, a velodrome, several gigantic parks, and all kinds of other cool shit I don't actually take advantage of. Also, your museum stats are kinda hand-picked -- there are more First Folios and Gutenberg bibles within fifty feet of my office than there are in all of Brooklyn. Kinda makes sense that we don't have Egyptian shit in the middle of Texas, am I right?

It's probably best to just say that they are very different kinds of cities.

We do agree on that. It was just idiotic to say on the face of it that Austin had "more culture" than Brooklyn.

Good point. There's not enough drama in "Watch the best player you've never heard of beat down a hopeless BC team thinking about where they're going to eat afterward."

i mean will they choose Grimaldi's or Di Fara

Lunardi having Syracuse safely in with their 77 RPI while we're Last Four In with a 29 is beyond absurd. I guess he's figuring the committee is going to do what they can to give Boeheim a parting gift.

The guy next to Greenberg just said that Wake needs to win at least two games in the ACC Tournament.

i wish i could be so uninformed and wrong at my job as these espn talking heads are at theirs

Back