• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

if michigan win this and duke having won, can we put to bed the fatigue excuse for not winning a few games on consecutive days?

There's a difference if you are playing back-to-back and the the opposition having days off and both teams playing back-to-back.

I think the point is a conf tourney isn't going to wipe out your body of work. This morning people were questioning if dook is a 2 because of their number of losses.

Does SMU teach us that cheating pays? LB got them to an NCAAT caliber team, got them a year of probation, one year later they are 29-4 and an NCAA lock.

There's a difference if you are playing back-to-back and the the opposition having days off and both teams playing back-to-back.

dook v 'ville?

And dook doesn't have a deep bench to boot.

mich is playing 4th game in 4 days after surviving a plane crash and not arriving to the tournament city until a few hours before tipoff. duke won 4 games in 4 days. were they tired? we cant make it 2 whole games without fatigue?

Did someone give Palm the high sign or something? Now has USC as a 9 and Wake and Vandy as the last 2 in at a 12?

Wake looked fatigued. Some teams obviously didn't/don't. There were plenty of reasons we lost to VT. Conditioning was undoubtedly one of them.

I think it had more to do with the difficulty of beating the same team in just a matter of 5 days. Unc lost to Duke who they beat the same day. Just the adjustments that are made and changes to combat what worked/didn't work.

I would be pissed if I was Louisville and got wake in the second round again

mich is playing 4th game in 4 days after surviving a plane crash and not arriving to the tournament city until a few hours before tipoff. duke won 4 games in 4 days. were they tired? we cant make it 2 whole games without fatigue?

If one team has had four days off and the other has played the previous, the rested team clearly has an advantage. To not accept this as reality is ludicrous.

Well, unless you are looking to slam the Deacs.

Did someone give Palm the high sign or something? Now has USC as a 9 and Wake and Vandy as the last 2 in at a 12?

Both Palm and Lunardi have maintained Wake in the Last Four In.

In regards to Vanderbilt, Lunardi has them as a lock but Palm has kept them in the Last Four In.

It's foolish to think the powers at espn and cbs can't get "inside" info on brackets before announced. Billion dollar business. They want their "experts" to look like experts.

My bad. I read it wrong re: USC. Appears they are the 1st 10 seed.

Question for the crowd:

First region is being announced and we are placed into Dayton as an 11 seed against Southern Cal.

Are you happy or sad in that moment?

It's sad to say, but I'm happy that you have to ask that. It's been too long.

We're in and probably in Dayton. Gonna have to earn our way but after the last 7 years it feels so damn good to be watching the selection show and feeling relevant. I truly believe if the team doesn't get too fatigued that we could make a Sweet 16/possible Elite 8 run. When we're on we're amazing on offense and that isn't easy for a lot of teams to keep up with. We're also probably one of the most tested teams in the nation so we shouldn't be easily flustered by playing tougher teams in March.

Back