• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

I used to live in Syracuse. The answer is yes. He was an a-hole long before Syracuse joined the ACC.

True that! He has been a whiner for a long time but does have a natty at a private school to his credit at a damn freezing cold location. But other than that ESPN likes to give the left out coaches a forum to gripe. Most take the high road. It is also a perfect lead-in for what NCAA hater Jay Bilas always has to say about the committee not knowing what they are doing. Plus of course loser Seth Greenberg, who is still sore over his exclusion from the Dance with a similar non-opponent playing 23-7 regular season team at VT [also 10-6 ACC]. He is about as hard to listen to as a so-called expert on their broadcasts.

Anyway...go Spartans!

On 'the Experts'

- Dino picks Wake because of John Collins. Play a little defense and Wake should win

- Adrian Branch - 'I've been mad at Wake for a long time, because you don't let a coach goes that has a #1 recruiting class'

Randolph - texting Cory Alexander

Cory picks Kstate, because Wake is a year away and too young, picks Kstate to beat Cinn.

Some saying they don't think Cinn beats Wake or KState.

Consensus is that Cinn is not winning

The ESPNU panel picked Wake to beat KSU and Cincy, for the little it's worth.

ETA got beat. But yeah, they all agreed the winner of Wake/KSU would beat Cincy.

On a separate note, I guess we can put to rest the idea that we were getting in at 8-10, especially if we lost to Ville and beat VT.

Gaudio kept saying he thinks you guys would be like the State team in the First Four a few years ago and could make a run.

But while that State team won their First Four game vs. Xavier, they blew a 17 point lead with 8 minutes left against St. Louis in the Round of 64 haha.

Think he is getting the 2013-14 State team mixed up with the 2014-15 team that went to the Sweet Sixteen as an 8 seed haha.

The ESPNU panel picked Wake to beat KSU and Cincy, for the little it's worth.

ETA got beat. But yeah, they all agreed the winner of Wake/KSU would beat Cincy.

Not much of a stretch. All three are in the 20s in Kenpom.

Go Spartens.

Looking forward to G'boro tweeting "Sorry the trip home is longer this time".

FYI Sling's extra $5 Comedy Plus package has TruTV, don't need to add the full Blue if you're on Orange.

I wish we had drawn Maryland in the West. That quadrant looks super weak.

No worries though, we'll get more style points for blowing through some bluebloods.

You cheapass mofos really do spend a lot of time worrying about how your "best decision ever made" is always biting you in the ass when you actually want to use it and trying to conglomerate 18 different devices and subscriptions to try to match what can easily be solved by basic cable.

This is what I keep telling my wife. Keeping UVerse. Don't care if I'm not saving $30 a month.

Yeah, of all of the reasons to keep cable TV, the NCAA tourney isn't one of them.

Football (both NFL & NCAA) was the toughest for me when I cut the cord. Didn't miss it at all during March Madness last year.

***My decision to return to cable TV was based primarily on my wife & kids. That is where saving $$$ isn't worth the headache.

I load up on sling during sports season and drop to basic from April to Sept. That gives me NFL red zone all fox and espns and I still save 50 a month and we all like it better. Half the shows we watch are Netflix hulu or amazon and we can stream anything on demand.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's so bittersweet that we're legitimately not terrible but have an objectively difficult draw to even get to the round of 32. Argh.

Back