• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Let's take all the "if's, and's, but's" prognostication out of the equation by taking care of our own business today and Tuesday, and be ready to dance. Message to team today...let's control our own destiny.

Anyone catch Greenberg, Bills and J will talking about the Deacs? Bilas was giving us the most respect. Williams And Greenberg made it clear they don't think we are deserving, yet. Greenberg prolly has sour grapes from being left out so often.

The argument that we should be punished (and eliminated from consideration) because of our 2-12 record against the top 50 is ridiculously unfair.

Would you rather us be a team that is 18-12 or 19-11, but yet is say 2-4? Open your eyes, that is WORSE than what we have done. I'll try to find an example, but it seems like we are just being disrespected for having played a good schedule and other are being rewarded for their inflated records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indiana laying the smackdown on ohio state in first half. Good for Deacs if IU wins.

The argument that we should be punished (and eliminated from consideration) because of our 2-12 record against the top 50 is ridiculously unfair.

Would you rather us be a team that is 18-12 or 19-11, but yet is say 2-4? Open your eyes, that is WORSE than what we have done. I'll try to find an example, but it seems like we are just being disrespected for having played a good schedule and other are being rewarded for their inflated records.

Yeah I've made that point before. 18-12 and 2-10 vs top 50>>>>>>> 18-12 and 2-5 v top 50. People are so conditioned to look at percentages that they don't actually stop to think what it actually means.

Illinois down three at Rutgers (last place in Big 10, #138 KenPom) at half...

I don't know if this is the best example, but it kind of pissed me off this morning when I was watching College Game Day. Greenberg killed WF for 2-12 v. Top 50 and picked USC instead as in. They're 2-5 v. Top 50. Drives me crazy! Our RPIs are basically the same, but we're 30 in BPI and 31 in KenPom and they're 61 and 63.

I don't know if this is the best example, but it kind of pissed me off this morning when I was watching College Game Day. Greenberg killed WF for 2-12 v. Top 50 and picked USC instead as in. They're 2-5 v. Top 50. Drives me crazy! Our RPIs are basically the same, but we're 30 in BPI and 31 in KenPom and they're 61 and 63.

Good example. And their worst loss is way worse than ours (Arizona state). The only difference is in the middle where we were busy losing to good teams and beating a few decent teams, they were busy having cupcakes for lunch on a daily basis.

I'd say that's a pretty big difference.

It sucks for USC and Cal that UCLA/Oregon/Arizona are so good, but being the best of the rest of the Pac-12 is not impressive. At all. And even then they're both likely to finish behind Utah in the conference standings.

They're basically UNCW, with worse RPIs

The entire v. Top 50 criteria is so arbitrary. Why not Top 75 or 25? Just silly. Look at Illinois. They have more Top 50 wins than us...but they are against Maryland, Michigan St., Northwestern, etc. We're instead losing to Top 50 teams like Villanova, Duke 2xs, UNC, FSU, UVA. Admittedly, we should have won some of those...but if we played Northwestern home also, Michigan St. at home, Maryland at home, etc. instead of the Top 10-15 teams we lost to, we'd be 20-9 or so with 3-4 more top 50 wins, with the exact same team we have currently and suddenly we'd be a lock. They need to use the eye test...on a neutral site we'd be favored against nearly every bubble team we're in the conversation with. And that's basically what Jay Bilas was saying today...the best teams should be in.

UNC-W has no business being in the Top 50 of anything. The play in an absolutely dogshit conference and played on OOC schedule that totally sucked. Their record is totally meaningless.

Huge blown call benefits Illinois. We'll see if they overturn

ETA: They did. Rutgers ball, tie game, 35 seconds left

Rutgers wins!!

Wow, what a finish. Rutgers his a three under ten seconds to win.

In case anyone cares, Illinois now locked into the #9 seed in the Big 10 tournament and will now play either Iowa or Michigan in the 8-9 game.

If Michigan beats Nebraska AND Iowa loses to Penn State, the 8-9 game is Illinois - Iowa; otherwise the Illini play Michigan.

Back