• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

Is there anyone that we could potentially see in Dayton that would be favored against us?

Depending on who you ask, Wichita State could be around the First Four. They are generally a 9/10 in most projected brackets but who knows where a team with that type of resume ends up, especially if they lose in the MVC and get an at-large.

They would be 6-8 point favorites over Wake. That's the bad news. The good news is almost anyone else we could play we would be favored over. So the worse news for other teams in First Four contention is that they could be a double digit underdog.

KP predictor would have Wichita as an 11 point favorite over Georgia Tech.

Last edited:
So we don't think the Committee won't be breaking it down like that? They aren't in there pulling for or against any team. They lay out the facts & metrics and let the chips fall where they may.

Best part this year is that is a poor middle class & we have a tough ACC (upper class)!

Sure they will, and when they look at "bad losses", ours will be the only one that has nothing in that column at all.

Sure they will, and when they look at "bad losses", ours will be the only one that has nothing in that column at all.

I really don't feel like this is accurate. Marquette, for example, has no losses outside the top 100 KP.

And neither does K-State... Worst loss is the most recent one @ Oklahoma (#62 KP).

Oklahoma will appear on a "bad losses" list though because they're 10-19. Same with St. Johns for Marquette (13-17) and maybe Georgetown (14-16)

Just randomly checked in on how Texas is finishing up their season - they wrapped up 5 losses in a row for the 2nd time this season. This is going to be their worst season since maybe the early 80's. Winless on the road. That is straight-up [Redacted]-like.

Just randomly checked in on how Texas is finishing up their season - they wrapped up 5 losses in a row for the 2nd time this season. This is going to be their worst season since maybe the early 80's. Winless on the road. That is straight-up [Redacted]-like.

The new emphasis on calling touch fouls has absolutely killed Shaka's "havoc" defense. I'm still surprised he's struggled so badly at Texas up to this point.

Bzdelick'd!

To emphasize the point they are going to end with at least 20 losses. At Texas! I'm assuming they will turn it around in the future as they have big money behind them and facilities to bring in the top recruits year after year.

I imagine we’ll all be occupied enough by our game, but nonetheless here’s the bubble teams to root against tonight:

Auburn to win @ Georgia: UGA’s resume reads like a poor-man’s version of our own, so it’s kinda hard to see a scenario where we remain on the bubble and they get in over us. Nonetheless, a loss here and we probably won’t have to worry about them going on a run in the SECT.

Florida to win vs. Arkansas: The ‘hogs have that major conference, we haven’t done anything to show we don’t deserve a bid, 8/9 seed smell. Some damage down the stretch could change that, but a win here would absolutely seal their fate in the dance.

Michigan to win @ Northwestern: UM has done more to distinguish themselves than the ‘cats, hard to see a scenario where the Wolverines get left out. But if NW loses tonight and vs Purdue on Sunday? Then things could get pretty bubbly.

St. Joe’s to win vs. Rhode Island: URI’s at-large path becomes nigh impossible if they can’t win this one.

Dayton to win vs. VCU: Rams are prollly in, but the more on the bubble, the merrier.

Michigan State to win @ Illinois: I don’t really see how MSU gets left out at this point. Doesn’t hurt their AD is the chair of the committee. The Illini seem to be playing for former board crush Groce’s job and bracketologists are starting to notice they’ve got some decent components on their resume. Put an end to this, Sparty.

TCU to win vs. Kansas State: In this loser-goes-home game we want the home team to win. KSU has more going for them from a resume standpoint, and though TCU’s last game is @ last-place OU, the Sooners are playing good ball at the mo. Just ask these Wildcats.

Marquette @ Xavier: ??? First inclination would be root for Xavier but they’ve shit the bed so bad without Sumner they have to be on the bubble now. Either way, fuck the Big East (besides Butler, who has been very good to us. And I suppose ‘nova and St. John’s).

Washington State to win @ USC: Not gonna happen, but it’d be so glorious if it did.

Reactions: Ayo
everyone agrees that we can't lose either way. if we lose tonight we get another shot at Clemson in the NIT.

The new emphasis on calling touch fouls has absolutely killed Shaka's "havoc" defense. I'm still surprised he's struggled so badly at Texas up to this point.

I wonder if it has something to do with the increase in competition as well. I remember Skip was a big proponent of pressing during his X days but never really instituted it @ WF. I seem to recall him making a comment about it being less effective against better competition (particularly better guards)

everyone agrees that we can't lose either way. if we lose tonight we get another shot at Clemson in the NIT.

we lose 85-73

I imagine we’ll all be occupied enough by our game, but nonetheless here’s the bubble teams to root against tonight:

Auburn to win @ Georgia: UGA’s resume reads like a poor-man’s version of our own, so it’s kinda hard to see a scenario where we remain on the bubble and they get in over us. Nonetheless, a loss here and we probably won’t have to worry about them going on a run in the SECT. [UGa wins 79-78 Dawgs go to 18-12]

Florida to win vs. Arkansas: The ‘hogs have that major conference, we haven’t done anything to show we don’t deserve a bid, 8/9 seed smell. Some damage down the stretch could change that, but a win here would absolutely seal their fate in the dance. [Florida wins 78-75 but both are in the NCAA T]

Michigan to win @ Northwestern: UM has done more to distinguish themselves than the ‘cats, hard to see a scenario where the Wolverines get left out. But if NW loses tonight and vs Purdue on Sunday? Then things could get pretty bubbly. [NW wins 67-65 so NW definitely in for the first time ever!]

St. Joe’s to win vs. Rhode Island: URI’s at-large path becomes nigh impossible if they can’t win this one. [Rhody wins 68-49 goes to 20-9]

Dayton to win vs. VCU: Rams are prollly in, but the more on the bubble, the merrier. [Dayton wins 79-72-both are in]

Michigan State to win @ Illinois: I don’t really see how MSU gets left out at this point. Doesn’t hurt their AD is the chair of the committee. The Illini seem to be playing for former board crush Groce’s job and bracketologists are starting to notice they’ve got some decent components on their resume. Put an end to this, Sparty. {illini win 73-70 go to 18-12 & takes Sparty to 18-12]

TCU to win vs. Kansas State: In this loser-goes-home game we want the home team to win. KSU has more going for them from a resume standpoint, and though TCU’s last game is @ last-place OU, the Sooners are playing good ball at the mo. Just ask these Wildcats. [K State wins

Marquette @ Xavier: ??? First inclination would be root for Xavier but they’ve shit the bed so bad without Sumner they have to be on the bubble now. Either way, fuck the Big East (besides Butler, who has been very good to us. And I suppose ‘nova and St. John’s). [Marquette wins to go to 18-11, drops X to 18-12--who knows what committee thinks of this conference?]

Washington State to win @ USC: Not gonna happen, but it’d be so glorious if it did.

See above scores

Now let's talking DANCING !!! First Four In now.

Last edited:
Yep, good thing we won b/c we got just about zero help tonight.

Xavier better not make it, they're a dumpster fire w/o Sumner

Back