• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

3 and we're talking. Beating State does nothing for them. They aren't one quality win away, IMHO

They're fifth out on the bracket matrix. Beating Duke could do it.

Zags and St Mary's both won last night. WCC won't be a bid-stealing league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunardi now saying we are safely in by beating BC, our only enemy is the bad loss.

I think people are slowly actually reviewing each team's complete resume.

Hard to believe ESPN is promoting Clemson's game as a bubble game.

We should beat BC, but I hate to think we're not already in. How Wake Forest would it be for us to lose to BC and not get in? I know, I know, but I can't help myself, been a fan too long.

They're fifth out on the bracket matrix. Beating Duke could do it.

Aren't there stats like - no team has ever gotten an at-large bid with more than 14 losses; and
no team has gotten an at-large bid without being at least 4 games over .500 ??

Clemson is 16-14 - unless they win the ACC tourney they would be breaking new ground on the first and would have to win at least 3 to avoid breaking new ground on the second...

Yo, Dude..I grew up on Long Island and stand by my statement...

And you are an idiot if you think crime-infested Brooklyn has more culture than Texas......LMAO.... Austin alone trumps Brooklyn.....:D

This dispatch is dated March 24, 1981.

We should beat BC, but I hate to think we're not already in. How Wake Forest would it be for us to lose to BC and not get in? I know, I know, but I can't help myself, been a fan too long.

s-l1600.jpg

Games of Note Today

7:00PM New Hampshire v. Vermont: The America East should be a one-bid conference, but Vermont is currently 53 RPI and the only team with any chance at an at-large bid. Vermont is an 11-point favorite, so they should lock up a bid tonight. VERMONT WINS

7:00PM Charleston v. UNCW: UNCW certainly has a better shot at an at-large bid than Charleston, so I think a UNCW win would be helpful to avoid any drama there. UNCW is currently 33 RPI. UNCW WINS

7:00PM ETSU v. UNCG: One-bid conference, but UNCG winning may give us another Top 100 RPI win. ETSU WINS

9:00PM Santa Clara v. Gonzaga: Gonzaga winning helps cement the WCC as a two-bid conference. GONZAGA WINS

11:30PM BYU v. St Mary's: St. Mary's winning helps cement the WCC as a two-bid conference. ST MARY'S WINS

A good day for the Deacs. WCC will be a one-bid league and we don't have to worry about UNC-W making the tournament as an at-large.

GAMES OF NOTE TODAY

12:00PM NCSU vs. Clemson: Clemson is most likely not in the NCAAT barring a huge ACCT run, but let's just end their hopes here. NCSU winning would lock Clemson out. Clemson currently 66 RPI.

2:00PM BC v. Wake: Obvious.

7:00PM Pitt v. GT: A Pitt win would end all talk of GT stealing an at-large bid. Pitt favored in this game, too. GT 95 RPI.

Nothing else will really affect much.

don't worry. That thought process has to be in the back of everyone's minds

Man I remember that so well. Was listening on the radio, the representative for the Independence Bowl was interviewed during pregame and all we had to do was beat App to get our first bowl bid since 79 and we put our tongue down our ugly sister's throat.

Yo, Dude..I grew up on Long Island and stand by my statement...

And you are an idiot if you think crime-infested Brooklyn has more culture than Texas......LMAO.... Austin alone trumps Brooklyn.....:D

I'd hazard a guess that Austin has as high, if not higher murder rate than Brooklyn. Definitely higher rate than NYC. I grew up on the Island too...have you been to Brooklyn recently? Greenpoint, Williamsburg, etc. are awesome.

Love how the MAC Tournament is sponsored by VisitMyrtleBeach.com. As if Myrtle Beach needs to be advertised to Ohioans

Love how the MAC Tournament is sponsored by VisitMyrtleBeach.com. As if Myrtle Beach needs to be advertised to Ohioans

They don't want them to visit Myrtle Beach. They want them to visit MyrtleBeach.com so they can steal their information. Common mistake.

They don't want them to visit Myrtle Beach. They want them to visit MyrtleBeach.com so they can steal their information. Common mistake.

You wouldn't BELIEVE how many bank passwords in Ohio have Urban or Buckeye in them.

Anyway, about to go get another jet ski

I think the 8/9 with Kansas as the 1 is the kind of match ups the committee likes to set up. Coach of new team vs his Alma mater and former coaching stop.

Back