• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

I keep St. Mary's out for two reasons and two reasons only (having only seen them for about 30 minutes of live action now...)

1) #24's stupid headband
2) #24's abysmal sports-specs under his stupid headband

Buh-bye.

Is John Stockton's kid really in the league?

No he is not. Olynyk and Sabonis might be the only ones. The kid that transferred there from Kentucky is in and out of the d league, I don't know where in the world the kid that was in Detroit and on the Spurs ended up but remember him being hyped up and never living up to it.

No he is not. Olynyk and Sabonis might be the only ones. The kid that transferred there from Kentucky is in and out of the d league, I don't know where in the world the kid that was in Detroit and on the Spurs ended up but remember him being hyped up and never living up to it.

Yeah that would have surprised the hell out of me, he sure was not his diddy.

Austin Daye. He was on the Spurs bench two years ago and I don't think he's been in the league since.

Wake is in the Top 25 in number of NBA per college despite being a crap program for the prior 6 years. We only slipped out of the Top 15 due to Duncan's retirement. We will be back with Collins.

Last edited:
Thought this was interesting.

Highest RPI ever left out from a top 6 conference:
• 40 - Cincinnati (2006)
• 41 - Florida State (2007)
• 45 - Clemson (2007)
• 49 - Missouri (2014) highest in 68-team tournament era

Lowest RPI to from a top 6 conference to get a bid:
• 67 - USC (2011)
• 64 - Marquette (2011)
• 63 - North Carolina State (2005), Stanford (2007)

And somehow, ESPN thinks we have "work to do" at RPI 29 and Syracuse is in with an RPI of 77. Both would be record setting.

Cuse needs to win tomorrow if they want to get in in my opinion.

EVEN with a win tomorrow (assuming they lose Thursday), they will have the most losses and lowest RPI of any at large team ever to make the tournament. But ESPN says the "should" be in right now. They are actually our worst loss, per RPI, by almost 10 spots.

FWIW (little?) we're on 130/130 brackets on bracketmatrix, now as the highest 11-seed (close to being rounded to a 10 seed). A few have us as an 8 seed, a few as 12, but the vast majority as 10 or 11.

Teams currently projected in the field that are in 125/130 brackets or fewer (and have not recently locked up an auto-bid) are: Xavier (125), USC (125), Providence (124), Vandy (114), Cuse (108), Ill. St. (58). Next on the outside are Rhode Island (54) and Kansas St. (41). No others above 25.

Thought this was interesting.

Highest RPI ever left out from a top 6 conference:
• 40 - Cincinnati (2006)
• 41 - Florida State (2007)
• 45 - Clemson (2007)
• 49 - Missouri (2014) highest in 68-team tournament era

Lowest RPI to from a top 6 conference to get a bid:
• 67 - USC (2011)
• 64 - Marquette (2011)
• 63 - North Carolina State (2005), Stanford (2007)

And somehow, ESPN thinks we have "work to do" at RPI 29 and Syracuse is in with an RPI of 77. Both would be record setting.

Palm needs to update this, 'cuse actually got in at 72 last year.

But they'd be 85 this year with an L tomorrow

The guy dressed up as a carrot standing next to S.Dak St's rabbit mascot is my hero of the night

Palm needs to update this, 'cuse actually got in at 72 last year.

But they'd be 85 this year with an L tomorrow

I think he's forgetting that they ended the year at 40 but entered the tournament at 72. Most teams with a shitty RPI don't stick around long enough for a major change.

Back