• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brad Stevens vs Shaka Smart

Brad Stevens or Shaka Smart

• Brad Stevens

Votes: 77 70.6%
  • Shaka Smart

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • I'm fine with [Redacted]

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doofus/Numbers

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
VCU has underachieved in the regular season in each of Smart's two seasons.

I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that if you combine their ages, they're still younger than Jim Calhoun.

I know a lot can happen, but we might watching the emergence of two new coaching legends. Since this is a poll, I'd give a slight edge to Stevens.

Morbid prediction:

Butler wins national title. Brad Stevens killed in plane crash on way home from title game. Goes down as the most legendary coach in sports history. Like Obi Won Kenobi.

For those of you voting Stevens, if VCU wins the national title would that change your opinion?

No. He didn't win a national title, but Tech thought Hewitt was the real deal after his magical run to the semis. That turned out well. Stevens is obviously not a one hit wonder.

But the correct answer to the poll is "either will do, thank you".

<caturday/benthegreat/bb1125/collinswallpoo>if you don't say shaka you are racist </dbag race baiter>

VCU has underachieved in the regular season in each of Smart's two seasons.

According to the logic you've espoused on other threads, it seems like you would say VCU properly achieved in the regular season and overwhelmingly overachieved this postseason.

Unless you really do believe the tournament is the true test of how good a team really is.

According to the logic you've espoused on other threads, it seems like you would say VCU properly achieved in the regular season and overwhelmingly overachieved this postseason.

Unless you really do believe the tournament is the true test of how good a team really is.

Logic is something that really seems to escape you.

Based on the players they had (put in place by Anthony Grant), VCU should have been better the past two seasons. They didn't even make the NIT last season.

Dino's teams at Wake should have been better in the regular season, especially the last two.

So you measure the best team based on how good you think they should be?

Back