• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brand loyalties

As I see it, brand loyalty is not "this is the best, so I will buy it." Brand loyalty is, "this may not be the best, but it is made by the brand that I know, trust, and love, so I will buy it."

I thought this was the common perception of what "brand loyalty" meant, but apparently, between marketers, psychologists, and sociologists (all bullshit) they come up with horseshit phrases like "[brand loyalty] is determined by several distinct psychological processes and it entails multivariate measurements."

If you buy something because it is the cheapest, then I don't think you are brand loyal.
If you buy something because it is the most trendy, then I don't think you are brand loyal.
If you buy something because it is the most durable, then I don't think you are brand loyal.

Merriam-Webster
Loyalty
loy·al adjective \ˈlȯi(-ə)l\
1. Unswerving in allegiance

I think that to be loyal to a brand, or to possess "brand loyalty," you have to purchase the brand even if it isn't in your best interests as a consumer.

if we're using this definition, i think the only two brands i'm really loyal to are bank of america (i know, i know. but my dad spent nearly his entire career there. i can't switch banks) and texas pete (honestly prefer the taste of other brands better, but i like to support local companies)

Btw, my Diet Dr. Pepper friends....its time to make a change.

Pibb Zero is the TRUTH. Best diet coke in the world, hands down.

Interesting. Diet DP is by far the best diet soda I've had and the only one I'll drink. I'll look out for Pibb Zero.

Agree with Freak as well.

ralph lauren blue cologne/armani code
dr.pepper
cookout
bojangles/smithfields
polo shirts
and wake forest.. most of all

Disagree with Knight. Brands earn your loyalty by consistently making the product that best meets your needs, financially and quality-wise. They can lose your loyalty by making a crappier product or overcharging for it. No need to get lost in the psychobabble or the dictionary.

Nike (running shoes)
Old Spice (deodorant)
Aleve (Cold & Sinus cold medicine)
Halls (sore throat)

I can't think of many older companies who have done more to boost their brand in the last decade or two than Old Spice.

Didn't realize that I had as many brand loyalties as I actually do.

Levi's
J Crew T-Shirts
Birdwell Beach Britches
L'Occitane Deodorant
Broo Body Wash
Advil
Q-Tip
Sensodyne
Burt's Bees Lip Balm
Seagram's Seltzer
Simply Orange Juice
Horizon Organic Milk
Jif
Bic
LG TVs and Monitors

Wrong on both counts. Diet Sundrop is best Diet Soda. All other diets might as well be running with Pistorus legs.

Yeah, diet Sundrop is great. Have you had a Pibb Zero? It absolutely owns Diet Dr Pep. We had a taste test in the office, NO ONE picked DP. No one.

114.jpg

Back