• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Braves v. Dodgers, NLDS

Who will win, how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
voted Braves in 4. For the record, I haven't paid any attention to baseball all year.

No chance it's Braves in 3. There's just no way you get a sweep against Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, especially with the streakiness of Braves bats. I expect at least one game where the bats go nuts for Atlanta and there are some mashed homers.

Beyond that (no 3 game sweep for Atlanta), it's playoff baseball, so such a crapshoot. I could absolutely see this series going either way.

Pulling for a Dodger sweep.....and I don't even particularly like the Dodgers....but I fucking hate the Braves!

Cheering for the Braves is just like cheering for Carolina. They have the same kind of bandwagon fans in NC.
You pull for the White Sox because you were in the Metrodome 23 years ago when Ron Karkovice hit an inside the park grand slam.

team of the south in 5...thats going with my heart though - medlen and minor will have to get wins in the first 2 games IMO

Hoping the Braves can follow a similar formula to that game against the Phillies and Cliff Lee last week -- get a great pitching performance and hit a HR at some point in the game off the Dodgers' staff. I think the Dodgers are appropriately favored, but anything can happen. The Braves had a worse offense in 2010, faced a strong pitching staff in San Francisco (Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez and Bumgarner) and lost a series that could have gone either way (4 games all decided by a run).

Don't like either of these teams. Dodgers have Kershaw and Grienke. They win.

Pulling for a Dodger sweep.....and I don't even particularly like the Dodgers....but I fucking hate the Braves!

Cheering for the Braves is just like cheering for Carolina. They have the same kind of bandwagon fans in NC.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with BKF completely.

Can't stand the Braves historically and this Braves team gets butthurt so easily, but I do love some of their players.

Like avalon said in the baseball thread I just wanna see Puig hit one a mile and just stand there and watch it go out. The Braves don't like it when you admire hits, and Puig bat-flipped on a double this year so the possibilities are exciting.

Bandwagon Braves fans in the South? Atlanta is the TEAM OF THE SOUTH. Also, Atlanta is geographically the closest team to a good portion of NC. They are supposed to be Braves fans. This isn't like college where you either have a connection to a certain school or you don't. You pick your teams, either by your location or family tradition. Ted Turner did a fantastic job for 20 years of having the Braves on national TV with them playing almost nightly on TBS. Few teams had that advantage. As a kid, my summer nights were defined by coming home and watching the Braves play. My grandad and I watching the Braves games on TBS with Don, Pete, Skip, and Joe on the call are some of my greatest childhood memories.

Frankly, there are FAR more bandwagon Dodger fans as they are in the beloved LA sports market. ESPN can't function without telling us how many erections Yasiel Puig had today.

I missed Sportscenter this morning, what's the current Puig Dong count for today?

I think pro sports is different. All the Tar Hole fans had plenty of other good options in the state/viewing area. The Braves were the local team for most North Carolinians. The Orioles (pre-Nats) were the only other nearby option and they weren't on TV much.

Confused by guys like Moon who hate their local pro sports team. If he was a Mets fan I would get it, but I think he's a Yankees fan.

Full disclosure: I have always hated the Braves until this year. Started following them when Wood got called up, and they are a very likable team. Definitely pulling for them to win it all.

lol @ calling me a bandwagon fan. i'm like any other baseball fan: i grew up rooting for the team that my dad rooted for. He started watching them when they moved to Atlanta. It's just a coincidence that we had 14 in a row.

Why any of you would get bent out of shape because of something bobknightfan said, I have no idea.

With Freddy Garcia starting Game 4 in LA I think you can pretty much take "Braves in 4" out of the equation.

I missed Sportscenter this morning, what's the current Puig Dong count for today?

Hi Townie, I'm Tim Kurkjian and I'm taking over Brews' account for this post.

I talked to Don Mattingly today, and HE TOLD ME that Yasiel Puig is going to have 3 to 4 erections today. 1 will be morning wood (it's still 7 AM PST), 1 will be during his egg frittata, and the third will be after the wind blows the hair on his neck the right way. The possible 4th Cuban Rocket will be a fear boner after one of the Uptons knocks it deep and then makes their cousin Kate Upton dance on the dugout. I did some research, and I FOUND that in the 21st century, Puig has the most Boners per day (BPD) among rookie Cuban defectors.

Reactions: DG3
Back