• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bread making machines

WFU71

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
Anyone own one of these? If so, are you glad you bought it?

My parents do but they never use it. I make bread 1-2 times a week. Instead of a bread machine, I use my cement mixer (Cuisinart Stand mixer). It is perfect for making the bread.

My parents do but they never use it. I make bread 1-2 times a week. Instead of a bread machine, I use my cement mixer (Cuisinart Stand mixer). It is perfect for making the bread.

Same, I have one but don't use it. Used to make my own pizza dough from scratch alot, and pretzel bread.

Holla at the Cuisinart stand mixer! Made my first loaf of sandwich bread last week. Loved it.

I think I'm asking for the stand mixer for my birthday/Christmas.

Wife has one and she used it weekly for a long time. It's a good purchase. However, all the bread comes out in the same shape since you're always using the same pan. And you can't really make breads with nice crispy crusts (or at least we never figured out how). But not sure how well you can do that even with a regular oven.

My mom has one. Used to use it a lot when we were in high school and it made phenomenal bread. I don't think she's used it in the last 5-10 years though.

0511-1004-2215-1018_Cartoon_of_a_Grandma_Baking_Bread_clipart_image.jpg

We had one when we were first married and Mrs TARDAWG used the thing so frequently we burned out the heating element. It was the best bread every, would strongly recommend . Man mother's day just around the corner, momma better get out the apron cause I am going shopping.

Wife has one and she used it weekly for a long time. It's a good purchase. However, all the bread comes out in the same shape since you're always using the same pan. And you can't really make breads with nice crispy crusts (or at least we never figured out how). But not sure how well you can do that even with a regular oven.

It may depend on the age of your bread machine, but ours has a temperature setting. We adjust ours based upon how crusty we want our bread.

We had one when we got married and used it quite a bit. Made great bread. But it got a little violent in the kneading cycle and walked itself off the counter a couple of times. RIP.

Back