• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

So on the protective idea, what is Mike protecting Jesse from? Saul is out for obvious reasons. But Jesse and Walt are totally equal as far as risks go, and Mike is in the middle of nowhere with zero chance of being caught.

I agree that Mike has been pushing Jesse to get out, but it always seemed to me that it was condescending because he didn't think Jesse could handle it, with an equal part of trying to screw over Walt. There may be another reason why if Mike trusted Jesse to deliver the bag that he wouldn't want him to, but I can't think of one. Mike simply believed he was better than Walt and never considered him a legitimate threat, and knew he was the most dependable.

At least Walt recognizes Jesse in his speech and is even ready to give him his own lab. Mike treats Jesse a lot like Walt treats Skylar...

Don't think for a millisecond that Walt believes Jesse is anywhere close to him as a cook or is ready for his own lab.

As good a cook? Certainly not. But I don't think he was lying when he said 2 best cooks. I also don't think he was faking the idea about doubling their output. Jesse's already proven he can cook on his own.

Something not to be missed: Hank was once again vindicated by one of his rogue decisions. This time, it was following the lawyer, which eventually led to him flipping on Mike and the 9 other guys. This gives Hank that much more ammunition to keep the Fring investigation going, especially in the eyes of his superior.

I found the whole lawyer deal to be incredibly contrived. "Let's tail the lawyer" Next scene they pop him. Walt's in the office when they tell Hank he's rolling over. I my opinion, the single worst piece of writting in the 5 season of the show.

Of course, by the end of the show, I almost forgot about it

I found the whole lawyer deal to be incredibly contrived. "Let's tail the lawyer" Next scene they pop him. Walt's in the office when they tell Hank he's rolling over. I my opinion, the single worst piece of writting in the 5 season of the show.

Of course, by the end of the show, I almost forgot about it

I didn't have much of a problem with this. Sepinwall said something similar to this in his post, but if you go back through the history of the show, there are a few examples of so-called "contrived" plot devices. For example: the person that killed Combo just happened to be the younger brother of the girl that Jesse randomly met in rehab and was now dating.

Great episode, kinda figured Mike would be ousted by Walt but I didn't think it would happen this soon.

Anybody else notice that we haven't seen any of Jesse's personal life this season? In seasons 1-4 we are shown a lot of what Jesse does in his free time like his gfs/badger/skinny Pete/his parents. When Walt was trying to convince Jesse to stay on by alluding to the fact that he has nothing else going on, I got the impression that they are keeping Jesse's stuff off screen for a reason. He's up to something...

Is this possible? Mike's not dead? I mean, yes he was shot and yes he gave the "let me die" line and fell over. Nothing cut-n-dry. Maybe I've seen too many bullshit plots from soap-operas my wife and her pals watch.

Is this possible? Mike's not dead? I mean, yes he was shot and yes he gave the "let me die" line and fell over. Nothing cut-n-dry. Maybe I've seen too many bullshit plots from soap-operas my wife and her pals watch.

I suppose it's possible, since main characters rarely die off screen. But that almost feels too cheeky for the Breaking Bad writers.

As someone said before, Vince Gilligan is big on foreshadowing.....did anyone notice the 2 allusions to cops killing themselves?

When Hank personally issues the search warrant at Mike's place, Mike sits there and watches a black and white movie/tv show and the audio is very clear (as if they are making sure you listen to it) and it's about a cop that shot himself in the temple and the characters were talking about a suicide note, etc.

Also when Walt goes to get the bug out of Hank's office and Hank goes to get him coffee, he closes his office door, looks at someone out on the floor and imitates shooting himself in the head.

If/when Hank finds out about Walt does he kill himself? He knows with all the pressure he was under and all the incredible attention he paid to the Fring/Heisenberg/blue meth, the fact that it was his brother-in-law all along might drive him over the edge of embarrassment/shame.

Seems so.

I had completely forgotten he was in Airplane:

tumblr_m96df1g42H1qzk64so1_400.jpg

As someone said before, Vince Gilligan is big on foreshadowing.....did anyone notice the 2 allusions to cops killing themselves?

When Hank personally issues the search warrant at Mike's place, Mike sits there and watches a black and white movie/tv show and the audio is very clear (as if they are making sure you listen to it) and it's about a cop that shot himself in the temple and the characters were talking about a suicide note, etc.

Also when Walt goes to get the bug out of Hank's office and Hank goes to get him coffee, he closes his office door, looks at someone out on the floor and imitates shooting himself in the head.

If/when Hank finds out about Walt does he kill himself? He knows with all the pressure he was under and all the incredible attention he paid to the Fring/Heisenberg/blue meth, the fact that it was his brother-in-law all along might drive him over the edge of embarrassment/shame.

or was it mike who killed himself? a walter-assisted suicide? Like others pointed out he said he was too old to run

Todd is so playing dumb with that "I have to get it right first before getting paid" line.

Finding out about Walt wouldn't make Hank kill himself.

Finding out that Skylar and possibly Marie died because he didn't know about Walt... That'd do it.

could it be possible that todd is dumb enough to think he can run his own operation and take out walt? i know he couldn't, but he seems dumb and creepy enough to think he could. maybe shows that walt didn't know how good he had it with jesse who is someone he could trust and he took that for granted.

Hard to believe anyone would go from robbing houses to potentially making millions of dollars a year while learning an invaluable trade that they have no innate understand of - and immediately decide to screw it up.

I'd probably judge the show pretty harshly if that's a plot line. Would make more sense for him to just screw up out of ignorance, or even to do a great job and cause even more tension as Jesse finds himself truly replaced by a child killer.

Hard to believe anyone would go from robbing houses to potentially making millions of dollars a year while learning an invaluable trade that they have no innate understand of - and immediately decide to screw it up.

I'd probably judge the show pretty harshly if that's a plot line. Would make more sense for him to just screw up out of ignorance, or even to do a great job and cause even more tension as Jesse finds himself truly replaced by a child killer.

well i would fully expect his attempt to be the boss to be stupid and way out of place

but i agree that's a stupid far-fetched plot line. just throwing out some ideas.

Back