• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

to what was jessie referring when he told walt that saul had told jessie what walt had done. was that about killing mike or killing the prison guys?

to what was jessie referring when he told walt that saul had told jessie what walt had done. was that about killing mike or killing the prison guys?

I assumed killing the prison guys...Jesse and Mike were tight and the only person that knows about Mike is Todd....and Lydia too....Jesse would flip I think if he found out Walt killed Mike

Great gif of the final scene:

tumblr_m9rwqnY9UC1r5w6m7.gif

What was the random clip of Walt on the MRI table?

And how long has it been roughly since Gale was killed?....few months?

Dude... Walt goes to get his cancer checked every so often. This has happened a bunch since its been in remission.

Also - Gale has been dead for like a year. Hank was still stuck in bed in rehab when happened. A few months? This last episode just covered three months.

How phenomenal is that actor who played Todd's cousin? Dude's now been in Breaking Bad, Justified, and Friday Night Lights. Nice IMDB page that guy's putting together.

Dude... Walt goes to get his cancer checked every so often. This has happened a bunch since its been in remission.

Also - Gale has been dead for like a year. Hank was still stuck in bed in rehab when happened. A few months? This last episode just covered three months.

three months since the kids have been at hank and maries.

I thought this half season might end where it started with WW on the run. Now I'm wondering where that is going to pick up - there's about a 6-7 month window from where we left off to Walt's next birthday.

Great episode though - the Walt vs Hank last part of the series should be intense.

Did the multi-killing montage remind anyone else of the Michael Corleone/hits on the other families scene from Godfather II? Obviously not on the same level but it was evocative.

Sepinwall makes a good point: he keeps (obviously) some pretty detailed notes on the show and doesn't have anything about Gale giving Walt a copy of Leaves, much less inscribing it. He admits he could've overlooked it but it's a pretty huge plot device to be missed. Anyone recall a scene with Gale giving him the book?

Of course, regardless of how the book got there, Hank started add 2 and 2... and 2 and 2 and 2 and it all added up in about 5 seconds.

And I didn't buy Walt actually getting out as he told Skylar. Granted, he told her that after his MRI which COULD have shown his cancer returned and that might just be enough (along with actually seeing Mount Cash upfront and in person) to compel him to call it quits. But with his character development lately, I just read it as he's still Empire Building and realized that to get Skylar to shut up and be happy, he just needs to go back to keeping all his activities on the downlow. I think Lydia's Czech marketing idea has sparked a fire in Walt that he wants to feed.

Dude....I understand that he gets checked, I just thought it was thrown in for like 3 seconds and then was never mentioned, I thought they usually at least mentioned something about his checkup in the episodes where he gets them done or that he was going to the hospital or whatever...and it seemed out of place with the montage the first and only time I watched the episode.

And I completely missed the 3 months reference about the kids, that seems like a huge jump in time from the regular progression of the show....

...the few months reference was only because the first 4 seasons covered a single year of the show...combine that slow progression with me missing the "3 months" reference about the kids and it should make sense why I said what I said.

Did the multi-killing montage remind anyone else of the Michael Corleone/hits on the other families scene from Godfather II? Obviously not on the same level but it was evocative.

Sepinwall makes a good point: he keeps (obviously) some pretty detailed notes on the show and doesn't have anything about Gale giving Walt a copy of Leaves, much less inscribing it. He admits he could've overlooked it but it's a pretty huge plot device to be missed. Anyone recall a scene with Gale giving him the book?

Of course, regardless of how the book got there, Hank started add 2 and 2... and 2 and 2 and 2 and it all added up in about 5 seconds.

And I didn't buy Walt actually getting out as he told Skylar. Granted, he told her that after his MRI which COULD have shown his cancer returned and that might just be enough (along with actually seeing Mount Cash upfront and in person) to compel him to call it quits. But with his character development lately, I just read it as he's still Empire Building and realized that to get Skylar to shut up and be happy, he just needs to go back to keeping all his activities on the downlow. I think Lydia's Czech marketing idea has sparked a fire in Walt that he wants to feed.

I definitely remember the book, but not sure if it was when Gale gave it to Walt or when Hank found it after Gale's death....it may have only been seen in photographs when Hank was looking into the Gale murder from his bed.

And I agree about the 'Walt telling Skylar what she wants to hear to get her to get over her shit' thought....it would seem kind of odd to have him be "out" so quickly and abruptly after agreeing to take his operation worldwide.

Just went back and looked and the only reference to the W.W. was in Hank's photocopies of Gale's notebook and it said "TO W.W....MY STAR, MY PERFECT SILENCE" which is where the scene they showed with Hank saying "Walter White?" came from....then Walt flips through the notes and finds a poem by Walt Whitman and tells Hank that was the W.W....

Don't think the book was ever mentioned....if it was someone would remember

Gale got the short end of the stick, but his mancrush on Walt is just plain creepy.

And I'm not sold on Walt calling for Gale's execution yet keeping the inscription in the book right on his toilet where, undoubtedly, he's not only thumbed through it several times in the ensuing months since Gale's death but also most likely re-read the inscription. He's not a serial killer. He wouldn't keep a trophy of his victims. The Say My Name Walt would've torn the page out and sent it swirling.

Well it is consistent with the fact that Walt really doesn't know what he's doing.
Maybe by now he doesn't actually have to cook himself anymore.

pretty sure the book made an appearance last episode.

Either way..... We can all agree that shit is ON for the last eight episodes

defs. that ep was monte. watched while drafting a fantasy team last night, so i need to rewatch.

This next half-season, whenever it airs, is going to be phenomenal.

The only things we know for absolute certain are that Walt makes it to his next birthday, he's not receiving chemo (his hair grew back), and he's on the run from someone/thing so dangerous, he feels the need to arm himself with military grade weapons.

I imagine he ends up on the run from some ridiculous eastern European mafia types in combination with the DEA. Whether Jesse, Hank, et al survive from now until then will be fun to watch.

This next half-season, whenever it airs, is going to be phenomenal.

The only things we know for absolute certain are that Walt makes it to his next birthday, he's not receiving chemo (his hair grew back), and he's on the run from someone/thing so dangerous, he feels the need to arm himself with military grade weapons.

I imagine he ends up on the run from some ridiculous eastern European mafia types in combination with the DEA. Whether Jesse, Hank, et al survive from now until then will be fun to watch.

Again, we are not sure if it was his birthday.

Back