• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

in real life walt would have been shredded during that scene. and what about jesse exiting walt's car during the shootout?

The more I think about that scene the more I wonder what Hank is/was thinking bringing Jesse in the first place. You know Walt's gunning for Jesse but as far as the call goes, Jesse could've just been sitting at Hank's house with Marie. Wouldn't he think taking Jesse would've been a huge risk? Hank knows about Walt's body count- why place your star witness unnecessarily at risk? What did Hank need Jesse there to do anyway? The call to Walt was all he needed.

The more I think about that scene the more I wonder what Hank is/was thinking bringing Jesse in the first place. You know Walt's gunning for Jesse but as far as the call goes, Jesse could've just been sitting at Hank's house with Marie. Wouldn't he think taking Jesse would've been a huge risk? Hank knows about Walt's body count- why place your star witness unnecessarily at risk? What did Hank need Jesse there to do anyway? The call to Walt was all he needed.

Eh, he couldn't leave him alone and it wouldn't really work to leave him with another agent who didn't know what was going on. Jesse already screwed up the last meeting so it's not too surprising Hank would want to keep him close.

Also after rewatching it, they do a pretty good job showing a camera angle from directly behind the Nazi crew - Hank and Gomey were actually already behind the truck under decent cover to start. They show like 90% of the scene from above so it looks like they're easy pickings. Still not too realistic, but not as bad as it seemed at first glance. Not sure it's possible to miss anything with an automatic shotgun at that range though.

Marie is going to absolutely lose her mind. Gotta wonder if Jesse ever cuts Walt any slack after the phone call or if he stays spit-in-your-face angry.

Walt is sitting in a DEA truck. Not totally out of the realm of possibility that it would have some protection.

I think Marie is going to get over her issues with the new parking policy at work

Yeah, they've clearly laid the groundwork that Marie is nuts. I bet if she finds out that Hank is dead and Walt is on the run, she will kidnap the baby.

walt definitely asked for one favor too many from the nazis

IIRC, he said he'd pay them triple what he paid before.

what's your point?

he went back to that well one too many times.

It's not a "favor" if he's paying them.

ok, semantics

they don't want $ anymore, they want him to cook. i think them showing up this time after walt called off the hit might be their way of forcing him to come back and cook somehow.

So maybe they weren't quite as close as most of the camera angles made it out to be.

tohajiilee-shoot-out.jpg

they don't want $ anymore, they want him to cook. i think them showing up this time after walt called off the hit might be their way of forcing him to come back and cook somehow.

Of course. But when you're paying for a service, it's not a "favor" and it's not really semantics. But the demand now is now more than just cash. But these guys haven't done anything for Walt he hasn't paid for. He'll do another batch but that's it.

My guesses - Gomez is killed in the shootout, while Hank is wounded and captured. On the Nazi side, either Todd or uncle Jack dies. My guess is Jack dies. Jesse escapes.

The Nazi guys are going to execute Hank, but Walt intervenes and convinces them to hold Hank hostage; in return Walt will cook for them (Todd dead) or teach Todd the finer points of cooking that he obviously missed the first time (if he's alive). Neither side has any intention of living up to the bargain.

Hank and Walt have time to discuss the situation and the fact that Walt saved Hank's life. Think of it as a final clearing of the air. Walt gasses the gang during the cook (remember they don't like the gas masks) and makes his escape with Hank. Todd/Jack manages to kill a slow moving Hank during the escape.

Skyler and Marie have a confrontation over their missing husbands...maybe starting with Marie gloating over the arrest. It becomes physical and Flynn joins in, knocking Marie out with one of his braces. Skylar flees with family. When Marie finds out Hank is dead, she trashes Walt's house.

Walt is concerned about Jesse, due both to family safety and Jesse now knowing where the money is buried. Neither is real anxious to return to the scene of the shootout. Walt kidnaps Brock to regain control over Jesse (remember the odd way Walt and Brock looked at each other). This ties into iodeac's report "Walt is yelling to someone over a cell phone "Toe the line or you'll wind up like {Redacted}" . Also, Walt has something "extremely important in his possession, something more valuable than 1,000 gallons of methylamine, something that a certain someone desperately wants back". Jesse is forced into becoming Lydia's cook, in exchange Brock is freed. Walt thus makes peace with the gang and retrieves his money.

Walt finds his family and they move to New Hampshire ("Live free or die") with the aid of Saul's fixer. Walt fakes his own death before leaving.

Walt returns to NM to avenge Hank's death and free Jesse. Lydia and remaining gang members are killed (Yeah, science). Walt and Jesse, two broken and worn out men, have a final conversation. They settle their differences as much as they can, then Walt, nearing the end of his battle with cancer, commits suicide via ricin

i'd be shocked if it had that happy of an ending.

Todd will die at some point, probably sooner rather than later. Gilligan won't let a character kill a kid and get away with it.

Also, I think the "shootout" is over, Hank and Gomez are probably out of ammo, or soon will be. I really don't have any good guesses about what happens next.

Of course. But when you're paying for a service, it's not a "favor" and it's not really semantics. But the demand now is now more than just cash. But these guys haven't done anything for Walt he hasn't paid for. He'll do another batch but that's it.

ok fine, how about this "walt definitely approached the nazis to do something for him for money one too many times"

huge difference, i see your point

Back