• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Breaking Bad - Final Season - SEASON 5 (Part II) Premieres Aug. 11

I think the biggest tragedy has been the transformation of Walt Jr. Here he is, his dad is a badass drug king who is trying to leave him $65 million, and all he can do is whine and cry over his dead uncle Hank, which his uncle did to himself by trying to be some hero world beater chach. Maybe it's time the Nazi's off'ed him so we can remember Walt Jr. the way he used to be before he broke bad.

I think the biggest tragedy has been the transformation of Walt Jr. Here he is, his dad is a badass drug king who is trying to leave him $65 million, and all he can do is whine and cry over his dead uncle Hank, which his uncle did to himself by trying to be some hero world beater chach. Maybe it's time the Nazi's off'ed him so we can remember Walt Jr. the way he used to be before he broke bad.

watching breaking bad: you're doing it wrong

I had a problem with the episode where Skylar returns to the house and Walt is there with the truck he bought in the desert.

Skylar is this hyper protective figure, cognizant of the danger her family is in, and she just nonchalantly approaches the house asking "hhmm, whose car is that?" Even though she thinks Walt is in custody, that wouldn't minimize the possible danger.

Other than that, phenomenal writing.

watching breaking bad: you're doing it wrong

I liked how both Sepinwall and Greenwald picked up on the metetextuality of the scene where the Nazis were watching Jesse's confession video, laughing and asking "does this pussy cry through the whole thing?"

Both reviewers thought it was a dig at the "bad fan" who watches the show in a similar manner.

I had a problem with the episode where Skylar returns to the house and Walt is there with the truck he bought in the desert.

Skylar is this hyper protective figure, cognizant of the danger her family is in, and she just nonchalantly approaches the house asking "hhmm, whose car is that?" Even though she thinks Walt is in custody, that wouldn't minimize the possible danger.

Other than that, phenomenal writing.

Eh, kind of picking nits - Walt comes bursting out of the house with suitcases before Skyler, et al are even fully out of the car.

I liked how both Sepinwall and Greenwald picked up on the metetextuality of the scene where the Nazis were watching Jesse's confession video, laughing and asking "does this pussy cry through the whole thing?"

Both reviewers thought it was a dig at the "bad fan" who watches the show in a similar manner.

I hadn't realized there was such an array of "bad fans" who kept having these visceral reactions to Skyler and other elements on the show. At least not until mentioned on this thread and discussed in the context of Anna Gunn's op-ed, etc. Makes you wonder what other choices these people are making with their lives.

When was the last time Walt (or Jesse) applied his science knowledge in an awesome way? Using electrical wire to break the zip tie was the last instance I can think of. I'm thinking we get one more 'science bitches' moment with Jesse's escape from the Nazis.

I almost anticipate everything goes horribly wrong for Jesse and every character left we care about in the series in the finale, and they all die awful deaths and we all just kill ourselves.

I almost anticipate everything goes horribly wrong for Jesse and every character left we care about in the series in the finale, and they all die awful deaths and we all just kill ourselves.

I mean, that's the only fitting end for the show right? Anything else will feel oddly out of character.

As much assistance as APD and the DEA have provided the show, you know the morale of this story is going to be "crime doesn't pay" and "meth is bad." So yeah, it's going to be sad with no winners.

One thing I read yesterday is how Cranston came to be Walt. Gilligan was working on X-Files and cast Cranston in an episode about a guy who feels ELF waves and is in increasing pain. He's also a bigot which makes him hard for Mulder to work with. Anyway, Cranston played the part so well, Gilligan wanted him for Breaking Bad years later. The network people did NOT want Cranston, having been only familiar with him from Malcolm/Middle. So Gilligan played that episode of the X-Files and everyone was sold.

Wait, so people who think Flynn sucks are considered "bad fans?"

Get the fuck out of here.

Not sure if serious, but the point was that some watch it for meth, action, and killing as opposed to a show about character development and "breaking bad."

I didn't realize those two reasons for watching are mutually exclusive...

I didn't realize those two reasons for watching are mutually exclusive...

They are not and I dont think they are. Just pointing out what TexasDeac was saying. I could not care less why someone else watches or what they enjoy. As a writer of the show, I could see why it might spark a reaction (and thus the pussy call out).

It's like seeing one of those goofy duck-call millionaires wearing Dickies camo overalls with terbaccy stains driving a Bentley. Sure it's his, he bought it, he earned it, but it just doesn't fit so much.

tumblr_mdp1ci6ZZa1rd40r8o1_500.gif

I have no idea where you got this from, especially from TexasDeac's post.

I think this whole idea of being a good viewer or bad viewer of BB is a bit overblown, but I think Gilligan himself has said he doesn't understand the people who hated Skylar so much. My gf watches at this bar in Brooklyn every week and she said when the Nazis showed up, a crowd started cheering.

I feel like "doing it wrong" in that sense, is not recognizing who the writers are trying to set up as the good guys and bad guys.

It's fairly easy to track that for people like Walt, who went from morally ambiguous, a victim of circumstance who was backed into a corner, to a murderer very quickly. It's not so simple for people like Jesse, who is by now completely tortured by his decisions, and who has mostly been an unwilling passenger for the whole series.

People are free to root for who they root for. I, for one, don't think GreekDeac's assessment of Walt Jr makes much sense. Hence why I posted what I did. I'm no fan of Flynn as a character, but I sympathize with his reactions these past two episodes. He feels terrified and betrayed and grief stricken, and doesn't want his dad's blood money. And he hasn't "broken bad." Clearly greekdeac has no idea what that even means.

Back