• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brendan Cross

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
Anybody seen him throw enough to know what kind of arm he has? I'm not trying to be mean to Ted S., but he just doesn't have the arm. His passes look about half the velocity of Tanner's. Tanner is weapon with the type of throws he can make, but if he's out we just can't run the same type of offense with Ted.

Brendan has a much better arm than Terd Stachitas

Couldnt agree more. Teddy Stacks is a good athlete but obviously not a viable back up. If indeed Price is going to spend any significant time on the bench this year, Brenden Is going to need to be game ready.

Brendan has a much better arm than Terd Stachitas

Nobody thinks that Ted is the QB of the future, but that doesn't mean you have to continually shit all over him. He did the best he could. Coming into that situation would have been tough for any quarterback.

Tanner seems to be quite injury prone so it would be nice to have a competent back-up in place.

I didn't see this many people coming to arms over Tanner when I said he was going to be stud and about 80% of others said he was going to suck.

Ted runs very well and very hard. He is an excellent option QB. If we play him we should play him to do what he does well. Passing is not what he does best. That is not disrespectful of him, it is simply truth.

We would have been better off to have gone to the option game, throwing occasionally with Ted or we should have gone with a QB who passes better if we had to pass.

When you think about the times that another team brought in their backup QB and beat us, it's criminal that we can't do the same or even hold a lead.

No question we win if we bring in Ted and switch it up with some speed option and QB draws.

Ted tried his hardest but he is not a capable QB. He has no arm since he has had 2 or 3 surgeries on that arm. That makes him one dimensional so he will either run or the RB will run. This allows the defense to set up for run all the time. Cross really should be the backup since he can actually throw and pretty well at that. He doesn't have the arm that Tanner does but he can throw. Hopefully if Tanner gets injured again cross will get his shot.

Agreed. If we're going to run the offense to Tanner's strengths (and I really liked some of the things we were doing in the Pistol), then Cross should be the backup.

Nobody thinks that Ted is the QB of the future, but that doesn't mean you have to continually shit all over him. He did the best he could. Coming into that situation would have been tough for any quarterback.

Might be one of the best posts, ever...

Might be one of the best posts, ever...

With respect, how in the world is that the best post ever? Did anyone say that Ted is not trying his best?

What I read, and observed, is that when he comes into the game he has a terrible tendency to throw pics over the middle. He is fine on the outs of limited distance but in game after game he is not able to get the ball up field with velocity which allows defenses to break on the ball.

He may be the greatest human on the face of the earth with all the heart of Tebow, the patience of Gandhi, the soul of Mother Teressa and the intentions of Buddha, but it does not make him a capable back up.

The reality is Ted ran into or meesed up a couple of handoffs as well. He's a good kidf but he shouldn't be our #2 QB.

Everybody loves the backup. In the case, the backup's backup. I just think we've accustomed the other 10 guys on the field to run a certain type of offense, and we should play the guy who best fits that offense. I don't think Stachitas is that guy.

Our wide receivers are too strong of a weapon not to be utilized significantly in the offense this year. Givens, Camp, Davis, and dembry looked really good the other night. We have to be able to spread the defense out and have downfield threats to open up the running game. Seven yard outs are not going to get it done. I do not know if Cross has a stronger arm than Ted but assuming he does he needs to be given serious consideration for backing-up Tanner.

With Stachitas we need to run more of a run-heavy QB read offense as opposed to having Tanner's cannon in the backfield. Nice to not have to change offenses completely when there is one injury

With respect, how in the world is that the best post ever? Did anyone say that Ted is not trying his best?

What I read, and observed, is that when he comes into the game he has a terrible tendency to throw pics over the middle. He is fine on the outs of limited distance but in game after game he is not able to get the ball up field with velocity which allows defenses to break on the ball.

He may be the greatest human on the face of the earth with all the heart of Tebow, the patience of Gandhi, the soul of Mother Teressa and the intentions of Buddha, but it does not make him a capable back up.

Good points...What I'm agreeing with is the fact that a kid that probably sees limited snaps in practice is inserted into a game where the team squandered several scoring ops in the first half, defense had worn down and momentum had shifted to the other team shouldn't tote an unfair amount of blame...

Don't forget the coaches didn't call plays that worked to his strengths even though they would have caught the opposing defense off guard and maybe injected some life into the offense.

Back