• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bro-me improvement question

iodeac

Reaction score
Evening all bros and bro-ettes, I figured I would put this question to the Pit and see what kind of responses I got. We built a firepit in our backyard a few years ago and didn't really research how to do it properly. We basically threw down a bunch of sand pebbles on top of grass, stuck a firepit on top, and bought some border to go around it in a circle. Needless to say, weeds are impossible to control and this summer they've basically taken over. My thought is that we probably need to scrap the whole thing, pull everything up including all the stones, dig up the grass underneath, put some bisqueen over the area and then build the firepit right on top of that. We're not trying to do anything really fancy or expensive, we just wanted a nice looking firepit that we won't have to put in a lot of work to maintain. Any ideas on how to fix our situation would be appreciated, or just tell me if I'm on the right track? Thanks.

As much as this will suck, I say dig it all up and start over. Dig out the topsoil where the pit will be, put down some heavy duty weed fabric, cover with sand and build it back up. Thats about the only way to get rid of it and keep them away.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Back