• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bruce Springsteen Cancels Greensboro Concert

"Hillary" (more likely one of her employees) responds to Bruce's Facebook post:
Hillary Clinton
Thank you, Bruce. Standing with you, your LGBT fans, and their allies. We have to keep fighting until every American—in North Carolina and beyond—can live their lives free from discrimination.
https://m.facebook.com/notes/bruce-springsteen/a-statement-from-bruce-springsteen-on-north-carolina/10153539447566824?comment_id=1069661363056854&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

I think the better indicator is the fact that in NC in 2012 more votes were cast for Democratic congressional candidates than Republic congressional candidates, but Republicans won 9 of 13 seats.

In state after state they did an amazing job redrawing districts to be in their favor.

Also I imagine you could get in the door for well under $150.

So are you saying Bruce uses a tiered pricing system to redistribute wealth from those who can afford the most expensive tickets to the blue collar workers he sings about and employs? Get out of town.

Springsteen sucks just like all of the CEO's who use their companies as weapons to promote their personal social beliefs. Business is business and should be conducted outside of individual's personal belief. Springsteen, Cook, Benioff, Schulman....all have employees, customers, fans who disagree with their positions as well as many who agree with them. It is the height of arrogance to choose to speak for all of them. If they want to state their beliefs publicly and make it clear that those are their personal beliefs, that's fine. They are all undoubtedly huge hypocrites for picking and choosing issues to attack and ignoring others. Has PayPal stopped doing business in the Middle East?

I believe the clerk in Ky. should have to issue marriage licenses to gay couples because it's the law and that's her job. I believe the baker should have to provide to a gay wedding whatever he or she provides as a normal activity of the business. It doesn't matter which side of a social issue you fall on, business should be kept out of it. I am a business owner and I wouldn't dare choose to take social actions with my business which certainly has employees with many different beliefs.

They should sue Bruce. I hope he has read the fine print of his contract. Not like he is withdrawing for health reasons or something.

That would be very pot calling the kettle black...don't you think. He is refusing service for religious/personal beliefs.

Some anti-gay artist needs to pick up the slack and do a concert for NC in place of Bruce.

Springsteen sucks just like all of the CEO's who use their companies as weapons to promote their personal social beliefs. Business is business and should be conducted outside of individual's personal belief. Springsteen, Cook, Benioff, Schulman....all have employees, customers, fans who disagree with their positions as well as many who agree with them. It is the height of arrogance to choose to speak for all of them. If they want to state their beliefs publicly and make it clear that those are their personal beliefs, that's fine. They are all undoubtedly huge hypocrites for picking and choosing issues to attack and ignoring others. Has PayPal stopped doing business in the Middle East?

I believe the clerk in Ky. should have to issue marriage licenses to gay couples because it's the law and that's her job. I believe the baker should have to provide to a gay wedding whatever he or she provides as a normal activity of the business. It doesn't matter which side of a social issue you fall on, business should be kept out of it. I am a business owner and I wouldn't dare choose to take social actions with my business which certainly has employees with many different beliefs.

CEOs are also responsible to their employees and may want to avoid states where outright discrimination is promoted. Good business move.

One of our clients quietly abandoned a data center expansion over HB2 - dozens of direct jobs and possibly another hundred or so based on increased capacity. Hundreds of millions of dollars into the NC economy gone. It'll get zero press but will profoundly impact a lot of lives. This will get a ton of press and profoundly impact exactly nobody. Funny what gets people bent out shape.

One of our clients quietly abandoned a data center expansion over HB2 - dozens of direct jobs and possibly another hundred or so based on increased capacity. Hundreds of millions of dollars into the NC economy gone. It'll get zero press but will profoundly impact a lot of lives. This will get a ton of press and profoundly impact exactly nobody. Funny what gets people bent out shape.
Doesn't the "quiet" part defeat the purpose?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

At the end of the day, authoritarian conservatives don't like push back for social change. Never really have. Even authoritarian moderates prefer to wait for what MLK described as "the myth of time". Ultimately time is and always has been neutral. Change requires action. I appreciate The Boss and all these business playing a role in that. You would think we would have enough historical data at this point to realize which sides of discrimination history will favor, but alas.

I'm aware of other projects that have been scrapped as well without publicity. Wish they would go public, but why can you do?

Heads are gonna roll if Weird Al Yankovic cancels his show in the fall due to this bill.

I was actually curious about the Duran Duran concert next weekend. Seems like a more likely group to do so. I have no problems with Springsteen cancelling the concert, as action is the only way to get things changed. However, he should have done so at least a week before the show.

Joel McHale didn't cancel his performance last night at the DPAC in Durham. Instead he decided to donate the entire check that he received from the event to a local LGBTQ organization.

12928287_10153771875101107_7476571474008118139_n.jpg

CLT will eventually save NC. With the 600, and Quail Hollow, and the real businesses there. The backwards rednecks could take a lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back