• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Crawford charge call and subsequent tech

SurgeryDeac

Reaction score
What did that charge call look like on TV replay? Yes or no? It was hard to tell from my seat st the Joel. Also, what did Bryant do to have the tech called on him?

Bryant looked like he lowered his shoulder. Guy def was not set and flew backwards like he got hit by a truck. Never did see what he got tech for. Def hurt.

Biggest mistake was on DM who took Crawford out of the game. That most likely cost us the game.

Looked to me like he slipped as he came in and the guy acted like he got sniped. I don't know if that call alone was that egregious, but coupled with an absurd hook on the offensive side on the other side it was particularly ridiculous.

What did that charge call look like on TV replay? Yes or no? It was hard to tell from my seat st the Joel. Also, what did Bryant do to have the tech called on him?

He slapped/rolled the ball out of bounds toward the corner of the floor after the bullshit call.

The guy who drew the charge was in the air, neither of his two feet were on the ground. Without a push off with the off arm, is it even possible for that to be called?

Biggest mistake was on DM who took Crawford out of the game. That most likely cost us the game.

I assume this is a joke, but Crawford had just blown two possessions in a row with a bad three attempt and then driving out of control and picked up his fourth foul with the T. Crawford needed to be sat down, if just to get his head together for a minute.

And Farr lifted his pivot foot on the baseline spin late to make it a 6 ot game. Completely embarrassing to miss that call.

That call is rarely (almost never unless a Duke player is on D) called against the offensive player when both players are out of control; Crawford has the right to continue his move to the basket and a defender in motion impeded Crawford's path to the basket.

The Xavier defender was not close to being set. The T only compounded the error...

Few things in sports piss me off more than technical fouls for words in basketball. Especially college.
The only paid professionals on the floor calling fouls on 18 year olds because they were being meanies and hurting their feelings.

The slip maybe contributed but Crawford shouldn't go careening in like that. Pilch is wrong, the offensive player will often (rightly) get called for the foul in that instance.

But a freshman mistake. He'll learn

I assume this is a joke, but Crawford had just blown two possessions in a row with a bad three attempt and then driving out of control and picked up his fourth foul with the T. Crawford needed to be sat down, if just to get his head together for a minute.

Have to agree, your freshman guard just goes from 2 fouls to 4 fouls in one play, you have to take him out to calm him down.

Not even close to a charge. Horrible call. The officiating was so LOL bad.

How many times was Xavier's guards using their arms on the drive. Never got an offensive foul.

That call is rarely (almost never unless a Duke player is on D) called against the offensive player when both players are out of control; Crawford has the right to continue his move to the basket and a defender in motion impeded Crawford's path to the basket.

The Xavier defender was not close to being set. The T only compounded the error...

It can be an offensive foul without being set but I don't know that I have ever seen a guy given that call when neither foot was on the floor when the contact was initiated.

Worst call I've ever seen on a block/charge. Defender was neither set nor square. Was simply the most egregious of a ton of either bad or missed calls throughout the game.

Bullshit charge call and bad reaction but another bullshit reaction by the ref at a crucial time in the game. Referees lost control of game by calling way to many fouls in second half. Called 14 fouls by the 15 min. timeout. Ridiculous. Also a complete change from first half. Officials have to stop doing that. Completely changes the game.

Back