• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bubba Watson shows his ass yet again

So he wants to just prepare for the tournament and doesn't want to take part in a spectacle. Ok that's fine, but wait a minute...

The Long drive competition takes place during practice round. So instead of hitting driver on 10 like he would in the tournament, he hits a 3 iron off the deck then picks up his ball and moves it to where his drive would be. Then tells the media he will hit driver on that hole in the tournament. So what was all that talk about just wanting to prepare for the tournament?

What fucking petulant child. I fucking despise that phony piece of shit.

This is the guy who whipped the crowd into a frenzy on the first tee at the last Ryder Cup.

With all of the shit going on in this world, there are far bigger problems, Bubba.

"He is so two faced and condescending it's a joke. Finally, the public is seeing what most his peers have witnessed thru the years."

This showed up on my Facebook feed; former PGA Tour player.

Glad to see him confirm my thoughts about Bubba.

Half the winnings go to a charity of his choice by the way. Something he presumably meaningfully promotes with his pink driver and shaft. One would think if he truly is charitable that he could take out driver on a practice round and try to win them some money.

(Other half goes to a charity the PgA chose)

Last edited:
Just read the article and watched him hit the 3-iron. The douchiest thing he did was start walking as soon as he hit, BEFORE his playing partner hit.

Just read the article and watched him hit the 3-iron. The douchiest thing he did was start walking as soon as he hit, BEFORE his playing partner hit.

Just to clarify, the way i heard it happen on the radio is that his partner hit two tee shots before Bubba and during his partners second tee shot, Bubba was heard muttering how stupid the competition is, then as soon as his partner hit his second, he walks to the tee, drops a ball on the ground, hits it with a 3 iron then walks straight off the tee.

There's a video, another player definitely hit after him. Either they were a threesome or his partner hit 2, then let him hit, then hit another, which makes no sense.

Bubba is a complete Dbag. Old ladies fall for his schtick because he cries on TV and has adopted a cute kid. In reality he is insufferable and even burned through three clubs in two years around here.

Sounds like Shooter. But isn't it possible that he's just extremely competitive and a huge dick on the course but otherwise a decent guy?

Sounds like Shooter. But isn't it possible that he's just extremely competitive and a huge dick on the course but otherwise a decent guy?

I've heard a lot of stories from people who know him out here in NC (he lived at High Rock for a while and practiced at Willow Creek sometimes) and he's a dick to everyone but his close circle of friends.

Bubba is the absolute worst. Total fraud

How he prepared for the PGA in Rochester.

Agree with the others, he's a world class DB. I mean I know this is your career but you play freakin GOLF and make millions of dollars doing it. Pull the stick out of your ass.
A current tour player posts on a friend's FB and hates Bubba and says all the tour pros do. Plus his wife's a sasquatch, so there's that.

I've always liked Bubba, but I have no idea what his problem is sometimes. I mean if Jack Nicklaus participated in the long drive competition at the PGA when they used to have it years ago and he didn't feel it took away from his preparation for the tournament, even though few were ever as focused in their preparation as Jack was. Then how in the heck could it affect Bubba's preparation, when lets be honest, Bubba succeeds totally off incredible raw talent because he has no mental game????? Give me a break Bubba, you can be a positive role model for a lot of people, don't choose to be another country club spoiled baby!!!

As a side note, Louis Oosthuizen won the competition with a 340 yard drive, which still fell short of Nicklaus's winning drive in 1963 of 341 yards with a small persimmon headed, steel shafted driver, and the soft wound ball which of course all have been outdated for going on 2 decades now. People forget how much power Jack had when he really went after a drive.

Bubba is the man. Met him quite a few times at Willow Creek in High Point and Medowlands in Wallburg. He finished up a practice round at Willow Creek back in 2007 and made it a point to stand on 9's green and shake ever players hand as we finished our round in a high school conference match. He's also really good friends with Adam, the pro at Medowlands (may be ex-pro now, I think he moved) and they would host a lesson day and small 5 hole tournament once a year for the juniors at the club. Bubba would hang with them for a few hours then take them out on the course.

Just from my personal interactions with him, I'm a fan.

As a side note, Louis Oosthuizen won the competition with a 340 yard drive, which still fell short of Nicklaus's winning drive in 1963 of 341 yards with a small persimmon headed, steel shafted driver, and the soft wound ball which of course all have been outdated for going on 2 decades now. People forget how much power Jack had when he really went after a drive.

While I don't doubt Jack's power, they didn't have lasers to measure distance accurately back then. It's possible that number might be overstated.

JB Holmes and McIlroy both put one out there around 340, but just off the grid yesterday.

Back