• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buckeyes lose recruit due to sex offender

94Deac

Grouchy SOB
Reaction score
Wild story.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7892108/ohio-state-recruit-decommits-convicted-sex-offender-posted-photo-internet-junior-linebacker

Alex Anzalone of Wyomissing, Pa., decommitted from Ohio State's recruiting class Friday after a convicted sex offender posted a photo on the Internet of himself and the junior linebacker, taken during Anzalone's unofficial visit to the OSU campus last month.

Anzalone, rated No. 65 in the ESPN 150 and the No. 4 prospect in Pennsylvania, committed to the Buckeyes on April 21 while visiting Columbus for the Scarlet and Gray spring game.

After the game, 31-year-old Charles Waugh, listed on Kentucky's sex-offender registry, approached Anzalone and fellow visitors Mike Heuerman, a tight end now committed to Notre Dame, and Ohio State commit Joey Bosa, a defensive tackle from Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Waugh posed for a photo with the recruits. He posted it on Twitter this week and sent several messages via the social-media website to OSU players and recruits.

so a picture was taken with a sex offender and the kid and his dad feel threatened? as if the sex offender is going to be able to take advantage of a huge linebacker.

or am i missing something?

so a picture was taken with a sex offender and the kid and his dad feel threatened? as if the sex offender is going to be able to take advantage of a huge linebacker.

or am i missing something?

Yeah, I don't get it. Why would this make him decommit?

the kids going to college, chill out dad.

From the article:
That was enough to spook Anzalone, who already had experienced some regret about his early college decision, his father said.

Sounds like the player/ dad were already looking for an excuse to decommit.

I think it's more that the sex offender had access to his son on an official visit.

and that is OSU's fault? Are they supposed to run a background check on everyone who comes into the stadium?

I think the kid was looking for an excuse. But I also think that it weirded him out.

I was thinking the picture was gonna show him doing something sexual to the linebacker.....

This seems like a pretty hysterical overreaction by both the kid and the dad. I'm with those who think this was a pretext. Also, dad, you're going to have to chill out fairly soon.

Back