• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Building a Program

wolfpack30844

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
No one ever said it would be easy. Coach Danny is building a program. Making hard decisions everyday. I for one know that we have a good coach and we will continue to improve.

No one ever said it would be easy. Coach Danny is building a program. Making hard decisions everyday. I for one know that we have a good coach and we will continue to improve.

Best positive event would be IF Wellman would depart, retire, or just plain quit!

Best positive event would be IF Wellman would depart, retire, or just plain quit!

Ok, wolfpacker. Other than recruiting the 3 freshmen, Dinos, and 2 or 3 of the 2016 recruits, what has Manning done to build a solid foundation? Great defense? Strategic use of timeouts? Passion? Media relations? Creation of interest by the student body? Development of Moore and Collins through playing time? Please give the factual basis for your contention.

DM does get a ton of love from the basketball establishment. No one ever wanted to have the previous coach on their shows.

Ok, wolfpacker. Other than recruiting the 3 freshmen, Dinos, and 2 or 3 of the 2016 recruits, what has Manning done to build a solid foundation? Great defense? Strategic use of timeouts? Passion? Media relations? Creation of interest by the student body? Development of Moore and Collins through playing time? Please give the factual basis for your contention.

Why not give him time to recruit his own kids?
Why not give him time to establish a positive climate?
He needs better players

Success isn't built overnight. Everyone seems to forget that it took [Redacted] 4 years to turn Wake Forest into a winning program. What would have happened if Wake gave up on [Redacted] after only 2 losing seasons?

Success isn't built overnight. Everyone seems to forget that it took [Redacted] 4 years to turn Wake Forest into a winning program. What would have happened if Wake gave up on [Redacted] after only 2 losing seasons?

Coach Jeff was turning Wake around. He had a winning season his last year and beat Duke, UNC and State. He should have been given another year. NOW we have to ride Manning, cant sell him out like we do our other coaches.

Danny Manning is going through learning pains and it takes a few years to work out the kinks... To be honest this will be good for the team and we'll play better ball because of the suspensions. We've got more publicity since DM became our coach and I still have the faith.... At least for 1 more year... Go DEACS!!!

Danny Manning is going through learning pains and it takes a few years to work out the kinks... To be honest this will be good for the team and we'll play better ball because of the suspensions. We've got more publicity since DM became our coach and I still have the faith.... At least for 1 more year... Go DEACS!!!

Good post. When Coach Danny starts winning these bums on this message board will all claim they supported him the whole time.

Still not sure why this thread is called Building a Program. The program was built, that's the problem.

Why do people on this board refuse to see the progress that is being made by Coach Danny. Real close to beating Duke.

2981110-3507766718-tumbl.jpg

Yeah, if you are a troll and nobody cares, then..............

By the same token, I love your coach at State who has done a marvelous job since he has been there. He is great at recruiting and is a solid game coach. He deserves to get a long term extension on his contract. As long as he is there, Wake and most other ACC schools will have a hard time beating him.

Coach Danny will continue to Uturn this team to a successful club. I told anyone that would listen that it would take 5-7 years and we just have to be patient. People need to stop saying hurtful things.

Back