• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

It's depressing, but it's not really any surprise that Trump is getting policy positions from Fox News talking heads, and making up at least some of his "agenda" on a more or less day-to-day basis depending on what he sees and hears on Fox & Friends, Hannity, Carlson, etc.

Rupert Murdoch-owned, so I'll put this here:

“In it, Delgado, a Schenectady native, spews the N-word, compares “dead” presidents to “white supremacists” and blasts the country’s two-party political system.”

clutchpearls.jpg

if someone did those things on twitter or just in a written document, it would create some serious difficulties for them

if someone did those things on twitter or just in a written document, it would create some serious difficulties for them

Depends on who they are. I don’t think the last two would cause difficulties for a lot of people. He’s a 41 year old Rhodes scholar who made one rap album in his 20s.

Just to know who we are talking about here:

“Born and raised in Schenectady, Antonio is a native of upstate New York. His parents worked for General Electric and benefited from a better regional economy. They worked hard to pursue the American Dream of building a better future for Antonio and his little brother. Antonio attended Colgate University, in Hamilton, New York, where he graduated with high honors and earned a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford. From there, he went to law school at Harvard, which is where he met his wife Lacey, a native of Woodstock and Kingston.”

https://www.delgadoforcongress.com/meetantonio/

tell that to the comedians and politicians with torched careers due past dumb jokes or comments

signed, James Gunn

Well yeah. They’re white comedians not black rappers.

My goodness are you going to get butthurt and the one word white people can’t say?

i'm not butthurt about this guy at all. WGAF about it.

the people who are butthurt are the ones who can't possibly fathom how this might be a big deal in an era where everything is taken out of context and will be used against you int he court of public opinion.

There’s fake outrage among white guys who desperately want to use racial slurs without repercussions.

you're focusing on the use of the N word and i'm saying that "inflammatory" language taken out of context is a societal problem.

I'm putting the language in context.

I don't really understand the issue either. If someone wrote a book and did those things most people would not hold it against them.

You guys are on the same side bros! -- ITC is lamenting the rubes who will use this against him (and already are apparently). Ph, you can't argue that won't happen, as dumb as it is.

I love the headline in the clip preview. I've seen in the WSJ and other conservative press. AOC and Bernie backed huge underdogs and they lost, often to Emily's List women progressives. They're really trying hard to demonize a 28 year old Puerto Rican woman from the Bronx.

My immigrant wife just got on my health insurance this month 8/1. We snuck in a free taxpayer-funded colonoscopy that cost $4k we didn't have to pay for on 7/31 though. Removed a polyp. It works for me but ya can't blame peeps for being mad.

Probably not that type of polyp.

I'm happy that a human being got the medical care that she needed. No reason to be upset by that.

Back