• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Butch gives son a scholly on his way out...

Did you know that Butchie bleeds integrity and class?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1408&t=7741898

It also appears that they may have committed another violation by mentioning Butch's son by name.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Butch-Davis-son-land-UNC-in-even-more-NCAA-trou?urn=highschool-wp4305

"While all of that might make for questionable behavior, the irony (as first pointed out by Dr. Saturday in the final line of this post) is that by simply discussing the younger Davis, university officials may have actually landed the program in even more hot water than it already sits in.

"I found out about that a couple months ago when I saw it online," Thorp said during a telephone interview today, "and yes, I was disappointed that neither the athletic director nor I knew about that." …

"Drew is a good kid and I feel bad for him in all this," Thorp said, "and for all I know, we would love to have him on the football team. But with everything going on, it would be good for the athletic director and the coach to talk about that and probably for all three of us to talk."

Interpret those statements as you will when it comes to determining whether North Carolina will actually honor its scholarship offer to the younger Davis. Regardless of what it decides, Davis -- like all other senior prospects -- has yet to sign with the school, which makes it a dead-certain recruiting violation, as stipulated by NCAA Bylaw 13.10.2, which reads exactly as follows."

Last edited:
Davis said Drew, a 6-foot-3, 195-pound senior quarterback at East Chapel Hill High, had decided if he were to attend North Carolina, "he wanted to do so as a walk-on in order to give someone else a scholarship opportunity."

How convenient for that to come out now :squint:

These Carolina fans are delusional...whatever they're smoking must be some pretty good shit to defend the coach that brought them to the promised land known as Twice Losing the Car Care Bowl.

Davis said Drew, a 6-foot-3, 195-pound senior quarterback at East Chapel Hill High, had decided if he were to attend North Carolina, "he wanted to do so as a walk-on in order to give someone else a scholarship opportunity."

How convenient for that to come out now :squint:

A recruited walk-on is bound by the same recruiting rules as a recruited scholarship player.

A recruited walk-on is bound by the same recruiting rules as a recruited scholarship player.

Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of Butch throwing out something that is totally unverifiable to make him look like the good guy in this situation.

Back