• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buying Jewelry in the Dash

cna4life

Reaction score
Anniversary coming up, any good suggestions on where to get a decent deal on jewelry in Winston-Salem?

Schiffmans in Greensboro is pretty good if you don't mind going to Greensboro. Is there a diamonds direct in the triad?

Used to be a Shiffman's in Winston as well. Still is? Camel Pawn downtown has good stuff at good prices. I was skeptical when first told this, but it's true. They do quite a bit of diamond business.

A lot of people swear by Camel Pawn (seriously). I have no experience with them, though.

I looked at the jewelry last time I was in Camel Pawn, and they had a good selection at unbeatable prices. Granted your significant other doesnt insist on having brand new jewelry, that would be a good option IMO.

I am shocked that Moonz hasn't made a "Buying jewelry for the gash" parody thread. If he does, I call dibs on the "Cameltoe Pawn" post

While I'm as fond as anyone of saving money, seems to me that if you present your wife with an anniversary gift from a pawnshop you may as well pawn off your junk while you're there. No chance you're getting any action.

Count me as another that has never been to Camel Pawn but I've heard awesome things about them. My uncle and grandparent's use them for a fair amount of stuff.

While I'm as fond as anyone of saving money, seems to me that if you present your wife with an anniversary gift from a pawnshop you may as well pawn off your junk while you're there. No chance you're getting any action.

images

It is a pawn shop, but there is a lot of new jewelry there.

Windsor Jewelers off Stratford is where I've been going for the past few years. Great selection but you're not going to get any deals.

Back