• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz haters....

I'm are sunshine brigade as they come, but, ummm, well, I'm rooting for 8-8 or 9-9, whatever it is this year, and McClinton to be a redshirt frosh next year and Daniel to get a medical hardship and be a redshirt soph (Andre should be a redshirt soph.... Stupid to play him last year....), and Shelton to be as good as advertised.

And for CMM to stop taking the first half off. Maybe it is by design as Chill used to lay back in games we should have won, and get everyone involved early before he took over if he needed to do that. And I think Chill is effectively his coach. And it shows. Chill could have scored 30ppg if he wanted to (and did when he needed to), but I'm not sure CMM driving all night and drawing lots of fouls and dishing when the double teams come isn't something we ought to be doing for 40mpg. His style is different and we can really get some opposing guards in foul trouble. CMM is the definition of disruptive. He is starting to get scary good. It is like when we are in trouble or things are a little closer than they should be, he just takes the game over. That was ridiculous, again, yesterday. They got within 2, and CMM said "f' this, let's put these fucks away and go home for the holidays." Chill used to do that all the time, particularly in the OOC cupcake games (I understand by design with GDO) and I hope that is what is going on here. Surely CMM is capable of putting up 40 on UNCG and leading us to a blow out victory.

I hope I am right and we start seeing an attacking CMM out of the gate starting at Xavier. Its go time....

Any time some lard ass mentions Childress in the context of this team I shut down and stop reading.

I'm are sunshine brigade as they come, but, ummm, well, I'm rooting for 8-8 or 9-9, whatever it is this year, and McClinton to be a redshirt frosh next year and Daniel to get a medical hardship and be a redshirt soph (Andre should be a redshirt soph.... Stupid to play him last year....), and Shelton to be as good as advertised.

And for CMM to stop taking the first half off. Maybe it is by design as Chill used to lay back in games we should have won, and get everyone involved early before he took over if he needed to do that. And I think Chill is effectively his coach. And it shows. Chill could have scored 30ppg if he wanted to (and did when he needed to), but I'm not sure CMM driving all night and drawing lots of fouls and dishing when the double teams come isn't something we ought to be doing for 40mpg. His style is different and we can really get some opposing guards in foul trouble. CMM is the definition of disruptive. He is starting to get scary good. It is like when we are in trouble or things are a little closer than they should be, he just takes the game over. That was ridiculous, again, yesterday. They got within 2, and CMM said "f' this, let's put these fucks away and go home for the holidays." Chill used to do that all the time, particularly in the OOC cupcake games (I understand by design with GDO) and I hope that is what is going on here. Surely CMM is capable of putting up 40 on UNCG and leading us to a blow out victory.

I hope I am right and we start seeing an attacking CMM out of the gate starting at Xavier. Its go time....

Good post

You know when Wrangor is calling you out for the kiss of death that things are pretty bleak.

5 days until reality comes calling...

I don't think there was too many people predicting heavy losses to the cupcake teams. However, a great deal of these guys would be singing a different tune if the Richmond, UNCG, and Colgate games would have gone a different way, which they almost did.

They almost did, but CMM stepped up and closed the door almost single-handedly. Just reminded me of how Chill used to lay back and let others take the lead early in the season, and that was what GDO wanted. And then he would take over if needed. My more succinctly stated point is that I hope CMM was doing the same thing by being MIA in the first half of a lot of our cupcake games. Against the better competition, we need him attacking when he is in there, scoring and getting fouled from the beginning. We are pretty pedestrian when he is quiet.

They almost did, but CMM stepped up and closed the door almost single-handedly. Just reminded me of how Chill used to lay back and let others take the lead early in the season, and that was what GDO wanted. And then he would take over if needed. My more succinctly stated point is that I hope CMM was doing the same thing by being MIA in the first half of a lot of our cupcake games. Against the better competition, we need him attacking when he is in there, scoring and getting fouled from the beginning. We are pretty pedestrian when he is quiet.

Childress played on much better teams so the comparison isn't really that valid. When you can drive and dish to the likes of Braswell (who was pretty good as a frosh marksman), Rutland, Peral, LaRue etc. it makes a helluva lot of sense to get all your teammates involved in the offense early. Chill was as clutch as they came and understood the ebb and flows of a b'ball contest as well as anyone. When he sensed his team needed a bucket or a trip to the line to calm them down, he took care of it. Then at the end of the game, if the outcome was hanging in the balance, he took over and was largely successful.

Is CMM anywhere near this seasoned? Doubtful, but there is time for him to continue in his development in that vein as Chill didn't really blow up till the midway point of his redshirt sophomore season either. But the supporting cast was far, far better than this current lot. Just go back and watch some of our ACC games against the likes of Duke, Carowhina, Virginia and Tech and you'll see how far away from good we really are.

You will never see anything from me comparing this team to Childress and Duncan teams. Not the point at all. Those teams were awfully good. Though Travis is playing more like Scooter Banks every year... Though he can shoot 3's like Peral.

CMM will have to do a lot more before I compare him talent-wise, toughness-wise, and everything else-wise to Childress at any level. That wasn't the point either. Just been impressed with how he has taken over games when we need him, and seems to be able to score at will when the game is close. I am hoping it is by design that he is not attacking as much early yet, and hoping he starts being assertive from the opening tip from here on out. He needs to score 20+ from here on out for us to even be .500 in the ACC. And he needs to get other teams' guards in foul trouble. There is no comparison at all between this team and Chill's teams, though I think this group can be pretty good as they each mature.

You will never see anything from me comparing this team to Childress and Duncan teams. Not the point at all. Those teams were awfully good. Though Travis is playing more like Scooter Banks every year... Though he can shoot 3's like Peral.

CMM will have to do a lot more before I compare him talent-wise, toughness-wise, and everything else-wise to Childress at any level. That wasn't the point either. Just been impressed with how he has taken over games when we need him, and seems to be able to score at will when the game is close. I am hoping it is by design that he is not attacking as much early yet, and hoping he starts being assertive from the opening tip from here on out. He needs to score 20+ from here on out for us to even be .500 in the ACC. And he needs to get other teams' guards in foul trouble. There is no comparison at all between this team and Chill's teams, though I think this group can be pretty good as they each mature.

More solid posting. 88 Rollin

[/QUOTE]Just go back and watch some of our ACC games against the likes of Duke, Carowhina, Virginia and Tech and you'll see how far away from good we really are.[/QUOTE]

BTW, the Virginia game in the semis of the ACCT before we beat NC is a seemingly forgotten gem. I remember Curtis Staples missing a wide open 3 with about 4 minutes left that would have given them a 6-7 point lead. Soon after, Chill came down court and had the ball in front of the bench listening to GDO, and suddenly launched a 3 from WAYY out, that, of course, went in. I like to think GDO told him "just shoot the f'ing thing," but sort of doubt it.

Back