• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz Williams credibility watch

no real shocker. we seemed to be battling va tech for recruits for a few years

Buzz started 4 freshmen yesterday. It's hard to compete in the conference doing that. He has a good class coming in plus 2 decent transfers who sat out this year. I expect at least 1 transfer out and the signing of a post-grad or JUCO. He needs size (same as DM).

With all the good 2s and 3s they have we should make a trade with them.

I like the way Buzz treated this season as a learning experience. He has acknowledged that Jalen Hudson was the most talented player on the roster yet he didn't hesitate to bench him when the effort was lacking (Unfortunately the talent and effort showed up against Wake on Tuesday). I see the same trait in Manning's treatment of Thomas. My hope is that Danny can turn Devin around the way Skip did with Josh Howard.

I honestly thought his head was going to explode or he would have a heart attack throughout that entire game.

In an ironic post-season note, Radford (which beat VT this year) is taking on Delaware State (which beat, well let's not think about that game) in a CBI first round game. The Hokies and Deacons are certainly at similar points in their programs.

I like the way Buzz treated this season as a learning experience. He has acknowledged that Jalen Hudson was the most talented player on the roster yet he didn't hesitate to bench him when the effort was lacking (Unfortunately the talent and effort showed up against Wake on Tuesday). I see the same trait in Manning's treatment of Thomas. My hope is that Danny can turn Devin around the way Skip did with Josh Howard.

Time is running out for Devin. I want to be hopeful, but it is difficult.

Back