• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bye-Bye Danny, go back to Kansas with Dorothy!!!!

Averaging 18.6 losses/season. Nice work. Well done.

year 1 = 13-19
year 2 = 11-20
year 3 = 19-14
year 4 = 11-20
year 5 = 11-20

there is/was an alternate universe in the acc where if a coach posted the inverse of those records he was on the hot seat.

Remember friends, when you see that awesome high water mark of 19-14, it cost $18 million too.

Three of the worst coaches in the history of the ACC

Staak - 45-69 .395

Redacted - 51-76 .401

Manning - 65-93 .411

Last edited:
Manning saying he hopes to be back, actually gives me hope. If he were coming back, he would have known it by now.

93 losses in 5 years. #historically competitive.

Just for some comparison because Im bored at work.

[name redacted]
8-24 (1-15)
13-18 (4-12)
13-18 (6-12)
17-16 (6-12)
Total 51-76 (.401 winning % overall) 17-51 (.250 ACC)

Danny
13-19 (5-13)
11-20 (2-16)
19-14 (9-9)
11-20 (4-14)
11-20 (4-14)
Total 65-93 (.411 winning % overall) 24-66 (.267 ACC)

We are improving!!!!!!

If Danny comes back then we need to shut the boards down, shut down blogger so dear, shut down the facebook page and anyone who buys seasons tickets at that point in time, well, fuck em.

I am afraid that they will keep him to take one more year off the buyout. By doing so it might get the number low enough for Hatch to bury without telling the trustees. Hatch is complicit in this mess and for approving an unconscionable contract and buyout. He and wellman are likely working in tandem to hide the magnitude of the screwup. This contract needs to see the light of day and be used to force Nathan O to also retire. Gross negligence from both.

Manning saying he hopes to be back, actually gives me hope. If he were coming back, he would have known it by now.

Wellman always sits down with all coaches at end of season to review what went on, this is frequently when terminations occur, he needs to do this tonite or at the latest tomorrow morning.

year 1 = 13-19
year 2 = 11-20
year 3 = 19-14
year 4 = 11-20
year 5 = 11-20

there is/was an alternate universe in the acc where if a coach posted the inverse of those records he was on the hot seat.

I'm probably wrong because I'm not taking the time to look up such futility, but doesn't Danny now own 3 of the 5 seasons in program history in which Wake has lost 20 or more games in a season? I thought I heard that he owned 2 of 4 such seasons at the end of last year...

I am afraid that they will keep him to take one more year off the buyout. By doing so it might get the number low enough for Hatch to bury without telling the trustees. Hatch is complicit in this mess and for approving an unconscionable contract and buyout. He and wellman are likely working in tandem to hide the magnitude of the screwup. This contract needs to see the light of day and be used to force Nathan O to also retire. Gross negligence from both.

Hatch is 72, his days must be numbered.

Danny Manning - 4 19 loss seasons in 5 years
Jeff [Redacted] - 1 19 loss season in 4 years

Unfortunately, I don't think that is necessarily true (that he would know, Dino didn't). I do think he is gone.

Surely the BOT has already seen the contract and that why Wellman is retiring and Danny is leaving.

Unfortunately, I don't think that is necessarily true (that he would know, Dino didn't). I do think he is gone.

Dino didn't know, because RW thought he would be back. Dino got fired for standing up to RW's decree (no longer be recruiting one-and-dones) in his annual review.

No way Currie leaves DM hanging, if they are planning on bringing him back.

20+ Loss Seasons in School History
Jack McCloskey - 5-21 - 67-68 Season
Bob Staak - 8-21 - 85-86 Season
Jeff [Redacted] - 8-24 - 10-11 Season
Danny Manning - 11-20 - 15-16 Season
Danny Manning - 11-20 - 17-18 Season
Danny Manning - 11-20 - 18-19 Season

This is absolutely true. If Manning is not fired by end of this week, that indicates that the buyout is too high for Wake to afford even with all the ACC TV money. And Hatch is clearly complicit in that fiasco, either by negligence in giving Wellman free rein to enter into it, or by affirmatively approving it. To give an unproven coach with no record of post-season success that kind of buyout after a single better-than-mediocre season was inexcusable.

Back