• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz Radio Show Tonight

It was a joke. They only took questions from students during commercials.

But don't worry someone brought up the ESPN article and Firebz.com. There were a few off air gems too.

I'll post notes when I get back.

*takes bow*

I guess all the Battle talk is just conjecture at this point, but I think we all might want to consider what we should do for him if he were to leave under less than desirable terms.

Jeff Battle is one of the classiest and most honorable men I've met in my lifetime, it would be a shame to see him leave the university (and the memories he would carry with him) on a sour note. If it were to happen, though, it would be extremely important for us, as a fan-base and as individuals, to all find some appropriate gestures to express our gratitude for his years he and his family have dedicated to Wake Forest.

I agree with the bold. 100% true. If [Redacted] threw Battle under the bus, then that's, by far, the least respectful thing that the man has done amidst the dumpster fire of disrespect that has characterized the [Redacted] era.

Last edited:
lol what was the question?

I've read several ESPN and CBS articles that say you have your own website and hashtag. Do you feel pressure from the growing fan dissent? does this affect practice etc...

Also asked about the difficulties of having an 8 man class and he told everyone how much they liked each other.... (like I was an idiot)

When it was clarified that it was more on the fact that IF they stay together for 4 years he said "well................... things have a way of working their way out" (also like I was an idiot)

People are really overreacting to the Battle quote. If Bz wasn't such a bad coach and communicator, nobody would bat an eye. All he said was that if an assistant leaves, he'll hire a new one and keep on going. Sure he could have added some "Battle has been great for the program" stuff, but he wasn't just throwing Battle under the bus.

YES HE WAS. (maybe)

BURN HIM ANYWAY!!!

monty_python_angry_mob.jpg

People are really overreacting to the Battle quote. If Bz wasn't such a bad coach and communicator, nobody would bat an eye. All he said was that if an assistant leaves, he'll hire a new one and keep on going. Sure he could have added some "Battle has been great for the program" stuff, but he wasn't just throwing Battle under the bus.

He did say "he does a great job" so I'm thinking his comment about nobody is bigger than the program is more of a response that he has ready if anything about conflicts with the coaching staff gets brought up. That being said, I have no idea who the hell will be on the coaching staff at the end of this year.

He did say "he does a great job" so I'm thinking his comment about nobody is bigger than the program is more of a response that he has ready if anything about conflicts with the coaching staff gets brought up. That being said, I have no idea who the hell will be on the coaching staff at the end of this year.

Rusty will be there until he's kicked off.

Wait, so, what was the exact quote?

I'm so confused.

Wait, so, what was the exact quote?

I'm so confused.

linejw11 was the one who actually asked the question so he might have it more right than I do. I was trying to write down stuff he said on my iphone during the show and I wrote it down as: He does a great job but nobody is bigger than the program. There are a lot of great people out there... He hasn't recruited all of them now, everybody's had their two cents.

That's paraphrased and there was some stuff in the middle I missed. I interpret it as, if he leaves that is his choice and he isn't bigger than the program so we won't do what he wants if he is unhappy and if we have to replace him there are good assistant coaches available...And he didn't recruit everyone by himself because I did some of that too because I'm a great recruiter blah blah I got Shelton Mitchell

If Bz wasn't so crappy himself, that seems like an eminently sensible response. It's hard to say without tone inflection and facial expression, but the words alone seem like typical coach speak.

linejw11 was the one who actually asked the question so he might have it more right than I do. I was trying to write down stuff he said on my iphone during the show and I wrote it down as: He does a great job but nobody is bigger than the program. There are a lot of great people out there... He hasn't recruited all of them now, everybody's had their two cents.

That's paraphrased and there was some stuff in the middle I missed. I interpret it as, if he leaves that is his choice and he isn't bigger than the program so we won't do what he wants if he is unhappy and if we have to replace him there are good assistant coaches available...And he didn't recruit everyone by himself because I did some of that too because I'm a great recruiter blah blah I got Shelton Mitchell

Check your PMs please

I like the "We want Battle" chant, but still prefer "We want Shaka". Both will do nicely. Multiple times. Repeatedly. Until the tears flow from Bz's eyes like wine, and the BoT's angrily flock to Wellman like the Salmon of Capistrano.

Thats funny because Tony chose to leave...Bz didn't kick him off of the team.

This is what gets me about all of the culture shite, besides it being an excuse for a program that has no excuses. I don't live in Winston and haven't been back in years, so I don't get to see the little things behind the scenes. Maybe there in fact was some bad behavior going on in addition to Chas's antics. But Buzzdick has tolerated bad behavior ever since he took over. From what has been reported here, Tony did choose to leave on his own accord. Tabb wasn't cutting it academically and was suspended, then reinstated once or twice, then involved in criminal behavior with Ty. Yet Ty was allowed to stay despite his involvement, his attitude problem and a host of other issues. As I recall, he wasn't even suspended for a game. Then you had Ari, who was a problem, and Terrell with his DUI, and did both of them not leave on their own accord? Then he throws Chennault and Fields, both who were good kids but not ACC PGs, under the bus.

I never hated Staak - just thought he sucked as a coach. But this is why I hate Wellman and Buzzdick. They perpetuate self serving lies, throw current players, past players and past Wake employees under the bus and refuse to take responsibility for the pile of shite they have created.

Charges were dropped. Her mother was the one who pushed to have charges put against him. BOTH mothers were at the apartment at the time and if something serious really happened, then why didn't they do something about it then and not a few days later? His girlfriend even said she fell out of bed he day before and that could have been the root of her back pain.

Um, no offense, but the charges were not dropped. Tony pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of assault and was given a suspended 60-day prison sentence, a $100 fine and ordered to perform 100 hours of community service. He was also suspended for one season by Wake and had the option of returning to the team but opted to transfer instead. If he had chosen to stay at Wake he would more than likely be our starting center this season.

Yeah I am in the same graduating class as Ari and he sucked. When we were both freshmen he came onto my hall at like midnight and coerced his way into the room next to mine since a manager lived there. He woke my friend up (managers roommate) and asked him for condoms so he could bone some chick on the first floor. My friend who was asleep doesn't care about sports and got really pissed at Ari for barging into his room. Ari's response was, "But I'm Ari Stewart, don't you know who I am?" My friend wouldn't give him condoms so Ari left but on they way out he took some of his food. Good times. I have heard nothing but bad stories about Ari.

what kind of loser doesn't give a dude condoms?

Last edited:
This is what gets me about all of the culture shite, besides it being an excuse for a program that has no excuses. I don't live in Winston and haven't been back in years, so I don't get to see the little things behind the scenes. Maybe there in fact was some bad behavior going on in addition to Chas's antics. But Buzzdick has tolerated bad behavior ever since he took over. From what has been reported here, Tony did choose to leave on his own accord. Tabb wasn't cutting it academically and was suspended, then reinstated once or twice, then involved in criminal behavior with Ty. Yet Ty was allowed to stay despite his involvement, his attitude problem and a host of other issues. As I recall, he wasn't even suspended for a game. Then you had Ari, who was a problem, and Terrell with his DUI, and did both of them not leave on their own accord? Then he throws Chennault and Fields, both who were good kids but not ACC PGs, under the bus.

I never hated Staak - just thought he sucked as a coach. But this is why I hate Wellman and Buzzdick. They perpetuate self serving lies, throw current players, past players and past Wake employees under the bus and refuse to take responsibility for the pile of shite they have created.

On top of that, their biggest excuse and shield they hide behind, this culture bullshit, doesn't add up. If the point of bringing in [Redacted] really was to change the culture and tear down/build back up the program (because it obviously isn't winning and he isn't being held to those standards), why keep the coaching staff of the old (shitty culture) regime? Why re-recruit JTT, the guy who most obviously wouldn't fit in with this "new culture"? As you pointed out, why let Ty stay when he definitely was part of that old culture? Why try to give those guys more than one chance (Woods had chance to come back, JTT ran into trouble in Greensboro before the DWI, Ty came back) when you make it sound like this behavior is unacceptable and you're really strict with them? If it's actually that big of a deal, why didn't you come down on Thomas after smoking weed and he still does?

On another note, the football team is not held to this standard, frequently going to parties with the purpose of starting fights, shooting at students with paintball guns (eye-witnessed), etc.

Looking at the reasons Dino was fired, Buzz doesn't cover any of those problems really. At least the public reasons why Dino was canned. I guess he solves the problem of whether Wellman gets along with the HC. But it doesn't add up at all. He doesn't have postseason success, this culture thing is pretty much bullshit, he doesn't connect better with the players, he doesn't have better in-game coaching. The recruiting is at about the same level. But Wellman has to feed the public this bullshit and other propaganda, when I imagine most people here would be more content if they were just upfront and honest.

It makes me think that Wellman made a decision to sell this crock of shit because most of the fan base wouldn't pay enough attention or would buy it and he could write off those of us who care enough to see through it as the crazy fringe, with his alternative as being honest and upfront about his goals, intentions, and reasons for hiring [Redacted] which a larger majority could have disagreed with and been upset to a lesser degree but with a larger population. I'm glad we are moving to a culture of deceit and dishonesty.

Bzzz now trying to "teach" a zone that we should see on saturday vs F$U.

I think WFU should here to fore be referred as WTFUU as in "Wake the Fuck Up University"...jeezus H.

Is this guy serious about working on a zone for F$U?? Should we have not employed a zone from the get-go in ACC play?? Why would it not be the goal to mix defenses from the start? I don't care how young the team is. Are HS b'ball coaches so bad they can't teach zones? What-the-fuck-ever.

He's throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks. All desperate coaches do it.

Back