• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz Says He Will Continue to Improve the Program, Dan has Resurfaced!

I think Bz is turning up the heat on Ron to make a decision. He has removed himself as the decision-maker. Now the ball is entirely on Wellman's side of the court.

Frankly I am glad he has gone public if it is not his intention to resign.

Agreed. Ready to be fired, and collect the remaining $$ on his contract. Put this out there before Ron gets back in town and starts asking him to resign. Either that, or he is coming back, in which case there will be rioting.

The program made great strides this year? What a loser. This season was a complete disaster.

He's coming back

Dirk, still waiting on where I need to send the rum and sleeping pills

Coming back and we'll probably get the "couldn't be happier" statement reaffirmed by Wellman......Facepalm:sick::fu::mad::rulz::slash:

Doesn't sound like someone who has resigned, or been told he is not coming back, or anything else. Bz clearly doesn't like Country Dan, based on previous interactions. No way he would put this quote out there if there was any truth to the notion that he has been told he is done. He should see the writing on the wall - just as we all see it. But, that was certainly the case after last year as well. This, coupled with Feinstein, is worrisome. Ron needs to move quickly.

Or he's lying.

Well he did exceed Moonzzzzzzz expectations of 12 wins this year so he should be retained right?

I think Bz is turning up the heat on Ron to make a decision. He has removed himself as the decision-maker. Now the ball is entirely on Wellman's side of the court.

You think Ron and buzz aren't talking? He's a fucking head coach not the burger dude at macDonalds

Jeff is coming back

He's coming back

Dirk, still waiting on where I need to send the rum and sleeping pills

I might need a similar care package as well, bump up the sleeping pills to something legit though

Or he's lying.

Sure, but why lie? Why not just "no comment" or refuse to take the call? He has made similar responses to Dan previously. Not worth the risk of making a blatant lie, in my opinion.

This means Jack shit, except that Ron has neglected his job for the past eek (at the very least).

Marquee Moon knows less about sports than he has restraint with parodies. I wouldn't get too worked up guys. He's trying to hook y'all.

My problem with this article is why TF did Buzzdick take Dan's phone call and put out a quote?!? Silence would be much better PR for the AD and hoops program at this point. But then again, Buzzdick and Chairman Ron have been woefully atrocious at PR the last 4 years.

I think there's something to this. As antsy as we all are to have an official decision, imagine the limbo Bz is in right now. I don't have any sympathy for him, but I can understand him being anxious to hear from his boss. To me, his quote shows he has no clue whether he'll be back, and that's telling. Ron's probably taking the opportunity to meet with potential head coaches at the NCAAT sites where he can meet with folks quietly.

“My staff and I are continuing to work as hard as we can to continue to improve this program, which made great strides this past year,’’ [Redacted] said in a phone interview. “Nobody has told me otherwise. That’s the truth.

“Right now that’s what we’re doing, and I don’t know what else to say.’’

Spoken like a true dead man walking.

Could it be that Bz is Feinstein's source?

Last edited:
“My staff and I are continuing to work as hard as we can to continue to improve this program, which made great strides this past year,’’ [Redacted] said in a phone interview. “Nobody has told me otherwise. That’s the truth."

Well, technically all this passage seems to be saying is that nobody has told Bz he hasn't been working hard to improve the program and making great strides.

I'm going to step in and take care of BabyDeac's light work for him.

"Tick, tock."

Not to be a pessimist, but I've had a clock that's said tick tock for over a decade... all it indicates is the clock is running.

Not to be a pessimist, but I've had a clock that's said tick tock for over a decade... all it indicates is the clock is running.

yea, if we're going by 24 rules, we should have a silent clock cause thats what happens when we lose someone

“My staff and I are continuing to work as hard as we can to continue to improve this program, which made great strides this past year,’’ [Redacted] said in a phone interview. “Nobody has told me otherwise. That’s the truth."

Well, technically all this passage seems to be saying is that nobody has told Bz he hasn't been working hard to improve the program and making great strides.

That's what I thought as well.

Back