• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZ demeanor after game

Normally when you see a person get fired, even someone who richly deserves it, you feel bad for the guy. That is, you realize that the guy getting the ax is another human being and getting fired is a terrible moment for them. When the termination is public and it's clear that it was a firing and not a resignation, that exacerbates the toll. In my case I've had to terminate some employees and even though I knew I had no choice, they really just couldn't do the job, I still felt bad. The hours leading up to the termination meeting were horrible and afterward I'd go have a drink or 6.

In this case, though, when the ax comes I am certain that I will feel absolutely nothing for Bzedelik. I will just be happy that he is gone and I never have to see him again. Ever. I would be happy to be the person to deliver the message.

lol this

Finally, more than 45 minutes after the game had ended, he made his way to the tunnel.

But first, season ticket holders Eddie and Dee Johnson, who had been waiting nearby the whole time, flagged him down for a picture.
“Happy trails, Travis!” Dee said.

McKie snapped another picture with a young family moments later and — after passing a mildly exasperated media relations staffer — made his way into the interview room and flopped down on the folding chair.

“It feels great,” McKie said. “It’s an unexplainable feeling. … You’ve got to cherish those moments.”

Minutes later, he got up to leave and spotted Duke assistant Nate James making his way down the hallway toward the exit. McKie rushed up behind him and smacked him on the rear. James turned around, saw it was McKie, and the two embraced, sharing a few whispered words.

As McKie turned around, he nearly ran into [Redacted], who was on his way out with a black backpack slung over his right shoulder. The two had a brief handshake and resumed their separate paths.

Bah, Skip would've done the same thing. He never would've high fived his players or students; he would have only said "This ain't about me" as straightfaced as you could; and never would've met students out on the quad after the game. Never.

Normally when you see a person get fired, even someone who richly deserves it, you feel bad for the guy. That is, you realize that the guy getting the ax is another human being and getting fired is a terrible moment for them. When the termination is public and it's clear that it was a firing and not a resignation, that exacerbates the toll. In my case I've had to terminate some employees and even though I knew I had no choice, they really just couldn't do the job, I still felt bad. The hours leading up to the termination meeting were horrible and afterward I'd go have a drink or 6.

In this case, though, when the ax comes I am certain that I will feel absolutely nothing for Bzedelik. I will just be happy that he is gone and I never have to see him again. Ever. I would be happy to be the person to deliver the message.
Normally, I would feel for someone who is fired but Bzz has made a pot full of money off of Wake and he will probably be picked up by some pro team as a scout. I wish him well . . . at some place other than Wake.

Bah, Skip would've done the same thing. He never would've high fived his players or students; he would have only said "This ain't about me" as straightfaced as you could; and never would've met students out on the quad after the game. Never.

uh

I don't hate [Redacted]. I'm sure he worked his ass off trying to turn this around (e.g., going around the country last summer to try to learn how to talk to his players), but this job was just never in his wheelhouse. I didn't believe [Redacted] at his initial press conference when he claimed Wake Forest was his "dream job," but I'm sure he was happy to come here and thought he would win. The fault lies with Wellman for hiring someone who was so blatantly a horrible fit for our school and our situation. Any anger I have (and I'm really not even angry anymore) is reserved strictly for Wellman.

I'm surprised Buzz stopped in the Moricle Room. He probably figured it was the only time the room would welcome him. It's sad how few tie dye shirts are spotted in the court rush.

Izokay, ITC. It's Friday. And you know what Friday means!!! You gotta make your mind up- which seat can you take?

BabyDeac's belief that [Redacted] will "resign" about two days after our annual loss in the ACCT may be getting some traction in my psyche.

This one article sums up the entire 4 years of Hell with Bzz.

Good article. Enjoyed the game and was so happy for Travis and the players. To me, it showed that we have the talent to compete with the top dogs in the ACC on a nightly basis. Unfortunately, the coaching has been abysmal and that is why we have only won 6 ACC games. Give this team to a more capable coach and it wins 10 easy. We may not have "elite" talent, but a good coach would make these guys believe that they do...

What really stood out to me was when Travis left the court. Bz was the first person he met at the bench. Bz embraced him and Travis was interested in only giving Bz a nanosecond of recognition. Travis is seen pulling away as Bz was trying to make it last longer. It was very interesting body language on Travis's part.

Back