• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cade Carney Needs to Play LB ASAP!

Spragoo

Reaction score
It's no secret that we are close to being out of Linebackers for the year due to injury, and we don't have much depth at that position. Masterson, a former safety, is now our starting LB. Cade has been a heat seeking missile on Special Teams and comes close to leading Special Teams in tackles. Carney likes contact. He's a team captain. We have RB depth. He even said in a recent interview that he would be willing to play LB if the team needed him.

Welp, the team needs you. Let's get Cade at LB for the last few games to try to squeak out a Bowl this year. Make it happen Wake Forest Twitter!

It's no secret that we are close to being out of Linebackers for the year due to injury, and we don't have much depth at that position. Masterson, a former safety, is now our starting LB. Cade has been a heat seeking missile on Special Teams and comes close to leading Special Teams in tackles. Carney likes contact. He's a team captain. We have RB depth. He even said in a recent interview that he would be willing to play LB if the team needed him.

Welp, the team needs you. Let's get Cade at LB for the last few games to try to squeak out a Bowl this year. Make it happen Wake Forest Twitter!

Cade's a good running back. Having his best year running the ball too, so lets just keep him there.

I actually don't hate this idea, but likely way too hard to pull off mid-season. How's it working with Chuck Wade, despite all spring and fall to practice?

I actually don't hate this idea, but likely way too hard to pull off mid-season. How's it working with Chuck Wade, despite all spring and fall to practice?

Yeah, let's move Beal-Smith to nickel corner while we are at it and have three former offensive players on D...

Yeah, let's move Beal-Smith to nickel corner while we are at it and have three former offensive players on D...

When your D is giving up 37 pts/game and 500 yards/game it can't get any worse and maybe some of our stellar O athletes should try going 2 ways! Heck our DL pressure is so abysmal we should try some of our more athletic OL at DL. At least they could hopefully plug up holes and not give up regular 50+ yard runs every game!

Time to throw out convention and see who wants to step up and actually play D!

When your D is giving up 37 pts/game and 500 yards/game it can't get any worse and maybe some of our stellar O athletes should try going 2 ways! Heck our DL pressure is so abysmal we should try some of our more athletic OL at DL. At least they could hopefully plug up holes and not give up regular 50+ yard runs every game!

Time to throw out convention and see who wants to step up and actually play D!

And the stats I quoted for our D don't do it true justice as we average giving up 50 pts/game and 568 yards/game in ACC comp. Maybe we just let all our O players try their hand at D except for our QBs and Dortch as he is too important of a weapon.

I would like to think that during the summer of 2007 there was somebody on a Houston Texans message board that titled a thread "Jon Abbate Needs to Play FB ASAP!"

17722 & 17219

Are you guys twins ?

I'm so old that I'll never get to 17 thousand posts....;)

Delaney might be our best back so move Carney to linebacker now

Delaney might be our best back so move Carney to linebacker now

It’s not such a dumb idea. We are pretty desperate when we have moved Masterson to LB and Simpson is his backup. Both are 210-215 LBs and were low ranked recruits.

Back