• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Caffeine routine

Cold brew most mornings made from a French press at the beginning of the week. A 4:1 coffee:water ratio. Then do a little more than 1/3 cup of cold brew concentrate to 1 cup of water over ice. On days off, 1 cup made from Aeropress. Always using a light to medium roast from a local shop or a shop that I’m a big fan of.

I can't imagine living without coffee.  For me, it's part delight, part routine, and part caffeine addiction.  

For workdays, I'll wait until I'm in the office for 1.5 cups of office swill.  Then I'll do an afternoon cup of tea (loose leaf Earl Grey if possible).  1.5 more cups of homemade drip coffee with dinner.

For weekends/holidays/vacation, I will try to keep similar ratios but will break out the grinder and French Press or Chemex.

I'm a sucker for free and/or readily available coffee.  You bet I'm grabbing a styrofoam cup when my car is being inspected, when I'm staying at a hotel, when I'm flying (if I'm not feeling ginger ale or tomato juice), I'm at a conference/large gathering etc.  I also go through gum very quickly as I'm usually chewing a piece after every coffee session.

Wake up and grind fresh beans (Costco mayorga brand) for 8 cups of drip. Wife drinks 2, I drink about 3-4 and put the rest in a traveler for work. Drink that before noon. Usually get another 10 oz about 3 from my personal Keurig as the office swill is really bad. I use San Francisco Bay coffee Co brand, biodegradable k-cups, dark roast.

When camping I bring the Starbucks Via powdered stuff. Use my jet boil to boil water and drink at least two while watching scouts struggle to light a camp stove.

I love coffee. My caffeine resistance is pretty strong.

Usually wake up and slam a Redbull or Iced coffee, then go coffee all day after that.

If I’m hungover I usually go Red Bull with 1 or 2 100mg caffeine tablets.

The latter sounds like a recipe for a debilitating panic attack.

Brew Peet's or SBUX at home each morning. Usually work from home, so treat myself to an afternoon redeye from Krankie's or Buie's 2-3x per week.

Wake up and grind fresh beans (Costco mayorga brand) for 8 cups of drip. Wife drinks 2, I drink about 3-4 and put the rest in a traveler for work. Drink that before noon. Usually get another 10 oz about 3 from my personal Keurig as the office swill is really bad. I use San Francisco Bay coffee Co brand, biodegradable k-cups, dark roast.

When camping I bring the Starbucks Via powdered stuff. Use my jet boil to boil water and drink at least two while watching scouts struggle to light a camp stove.

the best part of scout campouts is the coffee

But how strong is the plumbing in your office? Jesus H.

Burr grind whole beans (current selection: medium roast Guatemalan beans from a local roaster), aeropress my one (oversized) mug for about 12oz of coffee. That's my lone cup for the day. If I'm still needing something in the afternoon, maybe a green tea before 2pm. If I just want warmth I may make some decaf, but usually just make some herbal tea.
On the weekends, we make it in the chemex (as opposed to aeropress).

Two cups a day for me. One in the morning is dark French roast. Second cup in the afternoon is Folgers crap provided at work.

If anyone likes strong coffee, I recommend Turkish coffee next time you are at a Mediterranean restaurant. It's like an espresso on steroids - unfiltered, so coffee grounds in the bottom of the cup.

Many of the best roasters throughout the country are offering discounts/free shipping on coffee beans right now. Would recommend Onyx, Black & White (best coffee I’ve ever had, out of Wake Forest, too), and Merit.

Back