• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Calipari is so disgusting

sailordeac

Reaction score
In his post game interview he excused his player - point guard IIRC - for being taken by the Wisky guard by noting that his player was only 18 yo. So, he recruits almost exclusively one-and-dones, and then when he loses, he complains about youth and inexperience being overwhelmed by veteran craft. And he says this so smoothly as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

Calipari is so awful, I'd almost rather watch a [name redacted] interview.

"We are college basketball"
John Calipari, 2013

Good chance Cal bolts for Wiz or Nets job this summer

That's pretty funny. That being said I prfer him to Coach Relationships' sanctimonious bullshit - at least Cal generally admits he is a sleazy operator in a sleazy business.

"We are college basketball"
John Calipari, 2013

Good chance Cal bolts for Wiz or Nets job this summer

Everybody keeps saying this but how good of a coach is he really?

He's a great recruiter sure. Probably because he cheats at Kentucky like he did at Memphis and Umass but Stevie Wonder should have won with the group he had last night.

He's a great recruiter sure. Probably because he cheats at Kentucky like he did at Memphis and Umass but Stevie Wonder should have won with the group he had last night.

I don't think he is a great coach. Maybe the best recruiter ever, a marketing genius, and certainly up there as one of the best used-car guys of all-time. I think (and he's even alluded to this) the stress of the UK job and the difficulty in maintaining his system (molding new teams annually) is getting to him and I don't see him there much longer. Also heard another rumor last night that if it doesn't work out with Blatt in Cleveland, they will fire him and hire Cal based on his relationship with LeBron. Would be a sad day for World Wide Wes, Drake, and the other cast of shady characters hanging around Lexington these days

The guy may be a sleaze ball but I don't know how anyone could watch that post game press conference and not think Cal is king of the presser. He may be saying different things behind closed doors, but he said all the right things last night and you can tell his kids love him

At least Cal made the Final Four. Not near as disgusting as saying you will never use youth as an excuse. Then regularly using youth as an excuse for your own 4-year dumpster fire.

I have no idea who would take the Nets job. They don't have a draft pick for the next 5 years.

Maybe in the first year or two, but now there's no reason to cheat. Kentucky is an historic basketball powerhouse and are now to the point of being yearly Championship contenders. All 1-and-dones wanna go there, no need to cheat.

Maybe in the first year or two, but now there's no reason to cheat. Kentucky is an historic basketball powerhouse and are now to the point of being yearly Championship contenders. All 1-and-dones wanna go there, no need to cheat.

This. Read an article the other day that listed the eight, still as of yet uncommitted McDAA's, and of them, seven have Kentucky in their final lists. I think the next closest were Duke, Kansas and Arizona who may have been on two, possibly three players final lists. Amazing.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/01/all-eight-uncommitted-mcdonalds-all-americans-give-a-recruiting-update/

I'm also glad to share my love of Wake Forest with continuously disgusting and low-class individuals like the ones who leave ethnic slurs and comments in the tags.

There is a 50% chance he will have this Final Four rescinded by the NCAA and a 99% chance he will no longer work there when it happens.

There is a 50% chance he will have this Final Four rescinded by the NCAA and a 99% chance he will no longer work there when it happens.

o really? tell me about all those UK violations

Back