• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Calipari is...

You continually group Coach K with Knight. Coach K takes one and done players every year. Isn't is reasonable to think that Knight would take one and done guys too?

Of course not, Coach Knight (Bobby to his friends) was, and is, as pure and clean as the whitest snow. He perfected the art of coaching basketball and molding boys into men. Only mere mortals, like Coach K, and dirty scum, like all other college basketball coaches, need to resort to whoring themselves and their schools out to attract "one and done". Just imagine how many championships Bobby would have won if everyone else abided by his high standards.

mr. knight spent the last few years having less success than he had at indiana. the game was passing him by. in today's world he may or may not have tried to recruit the best talent (which was now 1 and dones etc). i am pretty sure he would though i never met mr. knight (if you're nasty). what i am sure of is that his antics would not work in today's recruiting game. show some kid that wants to go to the league as soon as possible him chocking out a player and my guess is they choose another school to play.

I think it's worth pointing out again that BKF has no actual connection to Indiana, Army, or Texas Tech. He is, for all intents and purposes, a Bobby Knight Wal-Mart fan.

I think it's worth pointing out again that BKF has no actual connection to Indiana, Army, or Texas Tech. He is, for all intents and purposes, a Bobby Knight Wal-Mart fan.

How dare you!

I actually became a full-time Bob Knight fan only after the entire Wake Forest Family shit on the best basketball coach the university ever had. Prior to that time I was a double-scholarship sponsor at WF....and had followed WF sports on an almost fanatical basis for 28 years.

shopping

Tacy is assuredly not the best coach in Wake history. I can see arguments for McKinney or Odom but Tacy is in the next echelon.

BKF holds a grudge over what happened to Tacy, but rest assured Carl Tacy does not.

I'm on ignore, but let it go, old man. Let it go.

I listened to the first three of those NCAAT games on the radio (Yale, Canisius & Syracuse), and watched the last two on a special TV hookup (Mich State & Kansas).....and pulled against Carolina in every game. There may not be another poster on these boards who can make that claim.

FRED+BARNEY+TV.png

I actually became a full-time Bob Knight fan only after the entire Wake Forest Family shit on the best basketball coach the university ever had. Prior to that time I was a double-scholarship sponsor at WF....and had followed WF sports on an almost fanatical basis for 28 years.
So you just suddenly became an asshole in 1985? It's been 30 years man, no one is buying that excuse. Did they ever? Did any of your friends or family mourn over the fun, kind, sensible man they lost when you took on this dumb alter ego?

the answer to the question is "rich and laughing uncontrollably at the basketball world."

Every comment that I make in a thread is in some way related to that thread. Show me a post that I have made that is in no way related to the subject of that thread. You cannot...because there aren't any. It's not my fault that posters go into a feeding frenzy about my support of Coach Knight whenever I make a post. I've tried to reduce that by eliminating posters who do that so I won't be responding to them (updated list below), but there always seems to be more new ones coming out of the woodworks.

Ignore List

61raddeac
AlphaDeac
awakeandready
awaken
Ayo
BacktoBack
bernbp5
BigTreeDeac
BillBrasky
Boards Tough Guy
CheesePritchard
ChrisL68
ChrisPaul3
cookoutdeac
coredeac
cville deac
D4L
dashionista
Deac6
DeacDiggler
DeacDude
deacfan78
Deacfreak07
DeacHawk
DeacHead
Deacon2002
Deacon923
DeaconBrews
DeaconCav06
DeaconPeach
DeaconSlim2.0
deacphan
DeacsATS
deacvision7
Dekin
DistrictDeacon
El Chupacabra
HailToTheDeacons
IrishSlim
JackBauer
JamesSokolove
John Ruskin
KVegasDeac
lbdeac94
lbE08
Les Grossman
LilburnDeac
Liquid Karma
Maurice
Maztal
OldGoldBeard
palmab03
pinochadeac
PM Putin
qcdeac
RacerDeac
RChildress107
RollTheQuad06
RubbinsRacin
SC DEAC
SkinsNDeacs
Skydog Deac
smallbigtall
SpringChicken
Stan Gable
Strickland33
TheTwinAndreBen
ThinkingWithMyDeac
TUA01576
VaDeac
WakeForestRanger
WFcatamount22
wolfdeac
YoungBuck95

Yes. I made the list! It's even more sweet because it was over a completely benign post. I'm truly honored.

Yes. I made the list! It's even more sweet because it was over a completely benign post. I'm truly honored.

Well, I've been on and off of The List. It's pretty random as to what qualifies you for inclusion and exclusion. BKF is a fickle fucker.

Back