• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Calling: Mike Olson...

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Well, brother Olson, Now IS The TIME!

For 3 years we wait...that's the Grobian Way...but we waited and not always patiently.

You were a 6'2-190 pound LB'er who looked more the part of a Safety. You had a key fumble recovery and picked Clemson's Tahj Boyd for a critical TD in the State title game...but there you were, a 190 pound soaking wet prospect at MLB with no big offers...

To the future...mofuggies...

Today,as if fulfilling your HS HC Mickey Thompson's prediction, you are on the cusp of being a fuggin' monster player.

Luke Kuechly is gone and there is a large void that no Sr ACC backer can or will "fill". Perhaps nobody can follow Kuechly but if there is a player more physically or mentally ready in the ACC to take the Top Spot then I've yet to see him. Mike has all the NFL markings : Smart, nose for the ball, navigates debris -- prototype size at a shade over 6'3 and 246 pounds, running a 4.6-4.65 40 and jumping 37". Lucky for him that he has a guy as good as Betros pushing him for the start position - lest we forget that Betros is the highest rated Floridian ever signed from the Sunshine State/ #32 in top 100 -- the RS Sr checks in at
6'1-242 and is stout!

How about that!? Ol' Lec calls out an All-American and then says he'll be in a helluva scrap just to start!

This team is far deeper than you've been led to believe...that's what has made it more difficult to assess...we have never had this talent level at 2nd string. Every time I want to start a post,say, A.J. Marshall then it is not long till I'm forced to mention the rising RS JR studs Danny Mack and Duran Lowe. Not to mention to the fast charging RS Soph Desmond Cooper.

Anyway...I am more excited about this squad than ANY other in my meager 12 years as a Black and Gold acolyte. It is so hard to find the time to post...and though I did NOT acclaim all previous players, contrary
to some board-headed opines, I do find this present bunch challenges me to find a place to begin.

So many guys are ready to come out into the open...this D you are gonna see will be as fast or faster than any we face.... It's just fast and scattered like this post...it began talking about Olson and it wasn't long before the imagination conjured up Justin Jackson going head to head with K.Pierre Louis at BC for one of the top OLB ranks in the ACC...or, the budding physical presence of Zachary Allen... Fok! Can you not tell the dramatic difference between this team and previous Deacon squads!?

You are getting ready to SEE the Best Fuggin Wake Forest team you have EVER SEEN!

The ORACLE has pretty fairly kicked me in the teeth on this one... "Wake up,son... take this message to the Black and Gold brethren so they too may rejoice!"

I , for one, LOVE threads like these. 9/8 is circled on my calendar. Beat the 'Holes!!!

i share the optimism that ol' lectro has this year. i think we're gonna be damn good.

I am really excited about the defense, think we have some playmakers and depth. still worried about the o-line

I , for one, LOVE threads like these. 9/8 is circled on my calendar. Beat the 'Holes!!!

There will be several in light blue carted away on that day...

When evaluating where your team is just walk the tiers of your Defense.

Do you have an All-American candidate at each level?

The answer is a resounding "Yes!"

Whitlock at NG is rated among top 8 DT's in Nation.

RS JR LB's Jackson and/or Olson.

CB Noel ...widely considered the best Cover in the ACC.

Its not as if you don't have guys with big potential elsewhere but you work from this core and you integrate an A.J. Marshall, Zach Thompson or a Kevin Johnson(a guy who beat out Merril for starter pre-2011!)

So,when you have an AA at each level and a slew of fast rising support then you have the recipe for a truly Nasty Defense.

Last edited:
YES. Been waiting for these to start.

It's time to start getting big and hairy.

Can't wait for this season.... It's gonna be good.

I am pumped about this year's defense, except for the other positions on the D-line. Not so sure about the line except for NW of course.

Ol' Lec, Wake's own Punxwutawny Phil, popping your head out of the ground to post on the boards and tell us whether we have six more weeks of summer, or if Football season is coming early this year.

I have always thought the D would be great this year it is the O I am worried about and not just on the O-line. Of course the o-line is a concern because it is unknown at this point. I do worry about our depth at RB and if any wr are going to emerge this year to help Camp out. I think just if Givens would have came back people would have been saying that we would be competing with Clemson and FSU for the ACC. TD needs come out and be the guy we all thought he was going to be before the ACL injury. The sophomores and freshman need to step up. J-Roc and Orville need to stay healthy and if they can and the o-line can open holes we will be solid.

I think this D will be every bit as good as the 06 D. A couple of playmakers develop on O and we are a really good squad.

I think Olson has been held back by the rotation. He should be the guy and only come out if he needs a break. He has the ability to be a monster but he has to be given the green light.

As far as the O....Chase coming back is huge. And with Frank Souza steppin up to take that other guard spot. The O-line is going to be the biggest surpises of this team. The new O-Line coach can totally focus and its going to make all the difference.

Man, I'm pumped for football after reading this thread. If Josh toughens up (mentally and physically) and the offensive line jells we could be really good.

I think Olson has been held back by the rotation. He should be the guy and only come out if he needs a break. He has the ability to be a monster but he has to be given the green light.

As far as the O....Chase coming back is huge. And with Frank Souza steppin up to take that other guard spot. The O-line is going to be the biggest surpises of this team. The new O-Line coach can totally focus and its going to make all the difference.

Agree that Olson should be getting the majority of the reps. Still remember when he and Justin Jackson got the start in Klempsum last year and the improvement in team speed was evident.

Man, I'm pumped for football after reading this thread. If Josh toughens up (mentally and physically) and the offensive line jells we could be really good.
those are definitely the big if's entering the season. also if we find a solid #2 WR

So for the sake of clarification, are we thinking Chase-Frank-Garrick-?- Colin

Back