• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Calvin & Hobbes Documentary Coming to Theaters in November

raleighdeacon posted this to my facebook wall a couple months ago; i'm totally in.

I'm in. Now to make my sons love it too.

I've actually used some of the dads teaching moments from the comic strip with my oldest.

He gets a "what....." Look and then I have to give the real talk. My wife isn't amused, but so worth it.

If you guys don't already you should like Daily Calvin and Hobbes on Facebook. A new strip on your newsfeed every morning and they go in order of the strip's run.

Well if the Cleveland film society AND the Wisconsin film societies liked it then I'm in.

I wonder if there will be much more in this than there already is in the 10th Anniversary Calvin and Hobbes. Bill Watterson is a recluse. He never licensed Calvin and Hobbes. The strip is awesome.

Yeah his diatribes against syndicates in the anniversary book are awesome. I can just imagine the poor sap who had to approach him about this documentary.

I don't get what it's about. People's reactions? Fellow comics and critics? Hard to imagine that any of that would be more entertaining than just going back and reading the books

Always been a big fan of the strip. Haven't thought much about why, but I tend to respect Watterson for not doing the merchandising thing.

Always been a big fan of the strip. Haven't thought much about why, but I tend to respect Watterson for not doing the merchandising thing.

Yeah, but then he never stopped people from making money off these:

Fun read:

25 Great Calvin and Hobbes Strips

It's embarrassing how much this made me laugh:

CH940105_JPG.jpg

Back