• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Camp: should we be concerned? (Imabehere says No)

With Camp back I think we will be good next year. A healthy O-line should make a world of difference for Tanner.

That said, as much as I want Camp back, I'd pull for him even if he leaves. He'll be a great pro and a great representative of the school whenever he comes out.

Would love to see Camp back next season, think he is single handedly the difference in us bowling or not next season. With that said, can't blame him if he decideds to jet early....look forward to seeing him on Sundays.

This is great news

IMABEHERE is the man. His pep talk had me believing we'd crush Vandy.

Tanner doesn't have to make huge strides, he just needs to get back to where he was the first half of '11. It's all a matter of confidence (which will have to start with a decent o-line and more than one receiver who can catch).

exactly. jumping on tanner is crazy.. does he have skinners precision precision or touch? no. Does he have the pocket presence? close, but now. what he does have though, is makes teams respect the deep ball 5x more than skinner could. but to do that the line has to consistently hold for ~3-4.5 seconds. imagine how tanner felt playing this year? knowing well before the snap that he'd be running for his life within 1.5-2 seconds nearly every snap. can you imagine what that does to a QB psyche over time? not to mention team chemistry. and very few can throw a deep ball on the run, even a lot of NFL QBs can't do this when a DE is chasing 3 feet behind.

Baby steps. We have to first get to where we go to bowls every year at 6-6 or 7-5 every year for a while before we can take that next step to competing and having great seasons 8-4 and above.

Would love to see Camp back next season, think he is single handedly the difference in us bowling or not next season. With that said, can't blame him if he decideds to jet early....look forward to seeing him on Sundays.

He was single handedly the difference in us bowling last year.

Baby steps. We have to first get to where we go to bowls every year at 6-6 or 7-5 every year for a while before we can take that next step to competing and having great seasons 8-4 and above.

We already made the step from 5 win teams to 8+ win teams, james. But we have since gone backwards

on a consistent basis wsc not over a season or two. What I am saying is we need 10 years solid of 6-6 to 8-4 with rarely missing going to a bowl to get to where we can stay at that level. After that we focus on moving up to the 8+ win level. Recruiting will improve and program perception will improve.

Easiest way to build up a program is to establish an African American studies program with sham classes, hire a recruiting coordinator with a history of academic and other violations, and then get insiders within NC to cover the whole damn thing up.

A program that's consistently getting to bowl games should go at least 8-4 every two to four years.

I do not know what some of you guys are drinking. There is no reason to believe that our OL will be better next year. That is what everyone said before season before last and the veteran group was terrible. The is no development in these guys. Lobo recruited them and has shown that we have no plan for developing O Linemen. No reason to get excited until we see something on the field. That being said, Camp should do what he thinks is best for him. He was our only receiver this year and will be the only one next year. A serious injury could hurt his stock. Defenses will be keying on him. They have seen what we have w/o him and there will be headhunting. W/O him we went from and awful offense to a terrible offense. I don't see any reason to expect much else. Grobe is clearing satisfied with what his coaches are doing or not doing. Same Song next year.

The OL was better the year before last and we improved from 3-9 (1-7) to 6-6 (5-3).

Wasn't that a senior laden OL? Maybe we can expect an OL to be better but we can't expect it to be good.

The good news is that a lot of kids got game action on the O line last year.

Back