• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can CMM play PG?

It's not speculation. It's reality. People transfer, whether you're an athlete or not. The more kids you have in sheer volume of class size at a college, the higher the number.

Out of the last two big classes OGB posted, about 50% of those kids did not finish their careers with Wake Forest, and it wasn't just for character issues. You came to bat over and over again for Skeen, remember? People attacked him just as hard as they attack Woods and Mel and JTT and Ari. Did you ever met any of those four?

Gurley had a family illness and had to leave. He did what was right for him.

Crawford was a matter of playing time.

Jesus Christ, I almost transferred from Wake after my freshman year due to a variety of factors, including, but not limited to personal problems and the ultimate question about whether or not the school was a "fit" for me. When you get more involved than just the STUDENT part, and include the ATHLETE part...it gets even more heavy.

It is neither "ignorant," nor "stupid," and attacking people for saying so is probably a big part of the reason people think you can be insufferable on the boards at times, RJ.

It is ignorant to state that a SPECIFIC player who not arrived at campus is likely to transfer.

If that make me "insufferable", then maybe I am.

If that player is one whom the poster has never seen play, it makes any such statement is stupid.

Again if pointing that out makes me "insufferable", maybe I am.

As to Jamie, fomr BEFORE he stepped foot on campus he was skewered by the cowards on this board. It was disgraceful and never stopped.

The board absolutely played a part in his transfer. This I can tell from THE MOST UNIMPEACHABLE source anyone could EVER have on any subject on this board or anywher else.

Slothrop, you know what the word "source" means.

2010:
Carson Desrosiers -- Still here
Travis McKie -- Still here
Melvin Tabb -- "kicked off team," Midland College
Tony Chennault -- Still here
J.T. Terrell -- "kicked off team," USC next year by way of Peninsula College

2009:
Konner Tucker -- Sam Houston State now
Ari Stewart -- USC (sitting out this year)
C.J. Harris -- Still here

2008:
Tony Woods -- "kicked off team," Oregon
Al-Farouq Aminu -- Left early, NBA
Ty Walker -- Still here

2007:
Gary Clark -- Graduated
Jeff Teague -- Left early, NBA
James Johnson -- Left early, NBA

2006:
Casey Crawford -- Colorado (Buzz!)
Chas McFarland -- Graduated
Ishmael Smith -- Graduated
Anthony Gurley -- UMass
L.D. Williams -- Graduated
Jamie Skeen -- "kicked off team (kind of)," VCU

2005:
Shamaine Dukes -- Georgia State
Harvey Hale -- Graduated
David Weaver -- Graduated
Kevin Swinton -- "kicked off team," UNCW -- "kicked off team" (dude liked his guns)

2004:
Cameron Stanely -- Graduated, post-grad at Winthrop

2003:
Kyle Visser -- Graduated
Jeremy Ingram -- ECU
Chris Paul -- Left early, NBA
Todd Hendley -- UNCW

Last edited:
It's not speculation. It's reality. People transfer, whether you're an athlete or not. The more kids you have in sheer volume of class size at a college, the higher the number.

Out of the last two big classes OGB posted, about 50% of those kids did not finish their careers with Wake Forest, and it wasn't just for character issues. You came to bat over and over again for Skeen, remember? People attacked him just as hard as they attack Woods and Mel and JTT and Ari. Did you ever met any of those four?

Gurley had a family illness and had to leave. He did what was right for him.

Crawford was a matter of playing time.

Jesus Christ, I almost transferred from Wake after my freshman year due to a variety of factors, including, but not limited to personal problems and the ultimate question about whether or not the school was a "fit" for me. When you get more involved than just the STUDENT part, and include the ATHLETE part...it gets even more heavy.

It is neither "ignorant," nor "stupid," and attacking people for saying so is probably a big part of the reason people think you can be insufferable on the boards at times, RJ.

:werd:

It is ignorant to state that a SPECIFIC player who not arrived at campus is likely to transfer.

If that player is one whom the poster has never seen play, it makes any such statement is stupid.

As to Jamie, fomr BEFORE he stepped foot on campus he was skewered by the cowards on this board. It was disgraceful and never stopped.

The board absolutely played a part in his transfer. This I can tell from THE MOST UNIMPEACHABLE source anyone could EVER have on any subject on this board or anywher else.

inconceivable_means_02.jpg

What played the biggest part in Jamie's transfer was not the message board, but his (repeated) cheating at Wake Forest, on top of the fact that he would have been ineligible for at least one, if not more semesters due to honor code violations.

There are things you know more about than I do and there are things I kn ow about than you do.

This is one of the latter.

I find that if I randomly CAPITALIZE certain words IN my sentences that it makes my POINT that much stronger. FACT.

RJ, did Jamie Skeen cheat or did he not cheat in classes while at Wake Forest?

look at you in box.

Yes he cheated and yes he could have returned if he so chose.

look at you in box.

Yes he cheated and yes he could have returned if he so chose.

Inbox me some truth, RJ. I've never heard a non-Morpheus-ized version of the story. If I was Jamie, then I'd be furious that the message board was posting scrambled nonsense like this, too:

"Things may or may not have happened that may or may not have been bad that may or may not have involved academics that may or may not have involved the honor code that may or may not have been the reason that Jamie left campus because he may or may not have been maybe allowed to maybe stay." -"Insiders"

:)

13 out of the last 29 players at Wake Forest graduated or are currently students on track to graduate from Mother So Dear. The rest did not.

I would love to see the Super Six stay all four years and bring us a championship. Unfortunately, odds and statistics point to the inevitable reality that they probably won't all be here to walk the podium come 2015. That was the only point I was trying to make.

Use google and name 1 instance.

I'll see what I can come up with tonight, but to my knowledge of high/mid-major recruiting (which extends back five or six years without a computer), only one (VCU in, I want to say, '07) sounds like it happened.

It doesn't happen often. Look at the UNC '06 class for proof of how easily a solid class can disappear.

On my phone now, but I'll look later.

Back