• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can/Should B-ball Get Personnel Help From F-Ball Team?

mercurydime

Gangster of Love
Reaction score
do we have any players on the football team that could give us some help on the basketball team?

would coach grobe allow it?

thoughts...opinions...ruminations?

I don't know if Grobe would allow it, but yes, we absolutely should look at the FB team to determine if ANYONE can help us. Perhaps one of the graduating tight ends could give us a few minutes and 5 fouls.

There are probably some guys playing for Taylor House in the intramural league who would be better than some on our current roster.:D

If we can get a modern day Eddie Kargbo-okorogie (?) to shatter the backboard in Cameron again, it would make the season worthwhile.

If we can get a modern day Eddie Kargbo-okorogie (?) to shatter the backboard in Cameron again, it would make the season worthwhile.

Was looking up how to spell his name when you posted.The spelling is right but capitalize the O after the hyphen.

2nd your idea.

I heard one of the walkons got hurt so we have even fewer players now.

Would never happen...back when I was there we had a guy who was an LB (Mike Causey) and also played baseball but he ended up having to choose one or the other because he would have missed all of spring ball/practice to travel with baseball and that doesn't get you brownie pts with grobe. He quit the fb team

Way back when, there was a guy who was a pretty good QB and shooting guard who was allowed to play football and basketball. In fact, he was such a good all-around athlete, he even lplayed baseball too.
To top it off, he was an 'A' student and was married while in school.
Heck of a guy.

I think his name was Rusty something. Maybe we could get him to come back.

He pitched one inning in his career. Lets quit acting like he was a 3 sport star.

broken.jpg

At the rate things are falling apart, we might need bodies from the football team and the womens basketball team to make it through the upcoming season.

Back